Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

On 4/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Codi said:

Daniel (Straightliner 59) as always, thank you very much......btw, today I tried out your tutorial on Zip Ties.  NICE!   No pics yet but I tried your method and I'm happy with how they turned out.  I had tried to do this based upon some other suggestions a year ago and it just didn't work for me..............but YOUR well documented tutorial helped me get a great facsimile made.   thanks again!    Cheers to all. 

Tim, that means a lot, to me. I am always happy when I can share something I've learned, or figured out, with other modelers! When a man of your skills can put it to use, that's just flattering. :-) Thank you!

Tim... I serously don't know what to say you have me speechless at the moment. This build looks so good and perfect in every way.  I love these mock up pics :wub::wub:.   it is gorgeous and all of your hard work shows in these 2 pics. This seriously is a priceless gem you have here. I just hope that I get to meet you and see this beauty in person some day.  Cheers!!

It's been 3+ years now since I started this thread. It's coming to an end soon and I wanted to say thanks to each and every visitor to the thread whether you commented or not.  It's been fun & I've gotten a lot of experience out of this one.  The forum is a great venue (the best IMO) to share and learn.  For those builders that helped with their tips and knowledge along the way,  I especially want to say thanks as it helped a lot to get to this point.  The interior and controls are basically completed now. They include: Fuel cut-off, Mag kill switch, gas & clutch pedals, handbrake, chute release, twin fire-bottles including their hard-lines & nozzles (you'll have to look closely) oil pressure gauge (with John Teresi's retention strap idea on the back of it),the  lenco shift & reverse levels.  Please ignore the small paint chips in the pics as they're few and tiny. If not for the close-up pics I don't think anyone would be able to see them.....they'll be touched up at the end of course.  Oh, and the left fire bottle safety pin has to be added...................Thanks so much fellas and cheers to all, Tim.

image.thumb.png.ef361a73e78536c3996171e610465c37.png

image.thumb.png.86b32998bef3c369604d963863078c7e.pngimage.thumb.png.e23295140db1ef83bb04f03b878c2c74.png

In this pic you can see the kill switch flip cover.......that thing was a bugger to make.

image.thumb.png.dda2e57b9d7dced3e44fe575d49c8ab2.png

image.thumb.png.dc373a7865c2b041b1abf752a40f465d.png

Tim... The Level of Detail is so unreal on this build. You have set the bar so high for the Drag Racing standard and accomplished more in 3 years Than I could with the Funny Car. I am truly blown away by your Talents. This thing is incredible and I absolutely love this build. :wub::wub:. Your in the Home stretch and the sense of accomplishment has to be a Joy for you. It sure makes you feel good getting to this point doesn't it.  You should be very Proud my friend. I am super happy for you. I am looking forward to your next update already. Cheers!

Thanks Scott & Dave.... Hoping for beautiful May paint weather..........come on 80 degrees and low humidity.  

Chris your comments are high praise indeed considering your Vega build.  I learned a lot of great tips along the way from you.   Thank you!

Gary, thanks too for your post.     I did get the Crower 8 port, valve covers & brakes installed over the last 2 days.  The list is getting shorter.  Everything in the pics below is permanently installed.  cheers everyone!

image.png.7c1a537a5f62f93a6439e6c3f9f77865.png

image.thumb.png.b7ad14e16603c6d2b6d6980eea4959a8.png

image.thumb.png.8659bfca50d23cc7b7772210121f36d9.png

image.thumb.png.fadd474eb55a298a8aa8a12e3d50417c.png

TIM MY NAME IS MIKE FLYNN I,AM 65 YEARS OLD STILL BUILD I/24-25 SCAL3 MODEL CARS LOVE IT I,VE BEEN LOOKING FOR 0000-160 NUTS OR TAP.I SEE SCREWS AND THREEDED ROD BUT NO NUTS I HAVE SOOM BUT I NEED MORE I NEED TO FIND A SORCE TO OREDER SOME------TIM YOUR BATAM IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS SCALE YOU ARE THE MAN TIM JUST WOW WOW WOW

Ray AND Bob, thank you guys for following the build as always.  It is getting exciting as it gets closer to being finished.  Already working on the Pro Mod that will take the place of my Henry J thread.

Mike, ahhh, good timing.  This week I'm making a jig to support the body and some panels for display purposes.  The body will be removed to show off the detail of the car.  Thanks for asking.

John, thanks sir, I'll have plenty of pics with the body on but see above my reply to Mike.  

Mike Flynn - thank you for the comments and the source I use for scale hardware is modelmotorcars.com    I used to buy hardware from a firm called T2M as well but they've gone out of business.   Good luck!  Tim

I know you get tired of hearing it, but man, you are incredible! The skill and precision....just mind blowing. What a piece of mechanical art!!

And I also gotta say and not to hi-jack but,  "WOW! Mike Flynn is here!!" Mike I am a big fan of your work.....your La Victoria Salsa TF is still one of my all time favorite models. Glad to see you here!

CK

Edited by ClayK

THANK YOU CLAY FOR THE COMENTS I,AM STILL AT ---CAN,T A-FORD TO BUILD AT THE CALIBER I USED TO BUILD .BUT NOW IT TAKES LONGER TO PUT THE PARTS TOGHTER BUT I STILL LOVE THIS STUFF----CLAY HAVE YOU SEE MY DRAG BOAT MAYBE I WILL TRAY AND POST IT AGAN SOMEWERE