Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Well it looks to be getting close to the finish line here my friend !  I have been staring at your last few updates showing this beauty coming together and am just amazed by your skills. This is truly a Masterpiece of scale modelling.

Randy

Been working on a framework to support the body and assorted panels for display purposes.  I'll have some pics to show pretty soon.  I'd like to acknowledge some people today and a nice gesture by a friend.

Dave Ambrose, I'm glad you've enjoyed this thread.  It's been quite the journey right?  I want to say thanks to you and all the other administrators / owners of the Forum.  You're efforts & work are not given the credit for which they deserve.  I would not want the responsibilities but I DO appreciate having such a venue to share our hobby with.  Thanks........and to you especially Gregg!  

Bill (Ace) Honestly, it tests my patience at times but I'm enjoying this part of the build especially now.  It's a bit much on this one but I've learned a bunch for the next build.  Thanks !!

Bruce, always good to read your posts and sentiments.  Just know I enjoy your builds as well.   I've said before how apparent it is that we like so many of the same cars.  cheers,

Kurt, I always love a good chuckle and the nitro incense pot visual made me LOL.  thanks for that and for stopping by to check out the build.

Randy,  thanks sir.  Always a fan of ANYTHING you're building.  Hopefully you'll have something to share soon.  It can be anything.....anything at all.   wink-wink!  

Bob, that sir is high praise indeed.  It's inspiring to keep pushing ahead with it even though it can be a mental slog at times. Then those moments pass and well..........here we are.  Almost done!  Yeah right?!   Hope you like the rest of it. 

In closing, I want to say thanks for the nice gift I got in the mail today from John Teresi.  It was a GSL contest T-Shirt but what makes it special  are the signatures and sentiments shared by several people that most of you will certainly recognize.  In no particular order; Gregg (our very own Forum Editor of MCM & the Forum,  Mark Gustavson, Art Laski, Chris Sobak and of course John himself.  The heartfelt invite to the 2022 GSL contest (the final one) will not be  ignored and I promise to make every effort to attend and bring the Bantam as well.  I always look forward to the GSL results as I find the level of builds to be simply extraordinary.  Truly one of the best in the country.  If you win, or for that matter, even place at that show, that's saying something.    So to one and all, many thanks for thinking of me even though I couldn't make it.    Cheers, Tim

Great idea Brad, next round of pics I have to share I'll include one. 

Daniel, thanks sir.  Dave (Goatguy) just dropped by yesterday and I shared your Zip Tie method with him too. 

Dave, thanks my friend.  You can see a lot of what you taught me along the way in that shot.  I think I passed the Professors class. ;)

Tim, as a new member to the forum, I have to put forth my admiration for the skills and techniques revealed in the build of your Bantam. I am "returning to the fold" after a 30+ year building hiatus, and am absolutely flabbergasted by the jewel-like finery of your scratch-built components. I can only aspire to achieve the skills you've displayed with this build...one day, I may actually find the wherewithall to obtain a lathe and mill machine (AND the skills) to produce builds on this level...thank you for sharing your baby with us!!!

Edited by QuikTimz
really? grammatical correction...it didn't read right

Claude, don't know about "good for the soul" but it DOES put a smile on my face to be near the end of this one! 

Thanks Dave, you're a good mentor and better friend. 

QuikTimz, I get it, I have had and continue to have many inspirational builders on the forum that I look up to.......not to offend or omit anyone by accident, but I think it safe to say that Comp1839(Dave), ClayKemp, Chris Sobak, John Teresi, RandyD and Lowlife among others were those that influenced and inspired me.  If I'm on YOUR list I can only sincerely say thank you.  Hope to see your work in the future. 

Mike, thanks man, I mean that.  The photos you had provided were VERY helpful along the way on this one.  I'm glad you're still following along and I should have some pics to post soon.    Cheers everyone!  

On 5/11/2019 at 4:16 AM, Codi said:

Daniel, thanks sir.  Dave (Goatguy) just dropped by yesterday and I shared your Zip Tie method with him too.

Thank  you, Tim! I am happy that other modelers are getting some use out of it! Thank you,as well, for sharing this build--it's exceptional, and very inspirational, to me.

After several attempts to post pics, I gave up.  Each time I get the "uploading" image box at the bottom that says "image qued" and nothing happens.  It will not upload the pics I've copied and dropped from Fotki like I always have.   Just an fyi for the administrators.  

Edited by Codi

5 hours ago, Codi said:

After several attempts to post pics, I gave up.  Each time I get the "uploading" image box at the bottom that says "image qued" and nothing happens.  It will not upload the pics I've copied and dropped from Fotki like I always have.   Just an fyi for the administrators.  

Sorry about that. I think I have that fixed. One of the changes I made to prepare for the upgrade had some unforeseen side effects. I've backed that change out, which should put everything back to right. PM me if you have any problems posting pictures. 

Thanks Dave, here goes.  The 1st pic I'm sharing is the surprise gift John Teresi sent from the GSL.  An official GSL t-shirt with some great sentiments and signatures from people I'm sure you'll recognize.  Thanks again fellas.  The other pics are of some pieces I fabbed for display purposes. The body "skeleton", adjustable height jack stands and a rack for the slicks/rear wheels to show the hubs & brakes.  The jack stands were heavily modified dirtmodeller pieces btw, only the pyramidal base was used. Paint weather has arrived so I'll finally get onto that so I can finish the car.  Cheers to all and thanks again Dave for the efforts you're making to have the Forum perform better for all.

(fingers crossed as he prepares to down load pics this time)  YES!!!!!!!!   It DOES work now.   btw Dave, the pics did download faster than I've experienced in the past which I'm sure reflects some of the changes you made while doing the site maintenance.   Good job. 

image.png.d678587c823377d6e93c840fb11b09ba.png

image.png.0cc80d14a1cfa7509ea426bd58c9cf73.png

image.png.ff062293b27a093e124ecf77cf34417e.png

image.png.06e548a9f81a9352366191c5fdcfd195.png

image.png.84d443b8213abdc47513910d7c9a6944.png

image.png.e568cd3c5b4b39dae3e17f855b279b0c.png

Tim, please miniature-ize me so, i can be the first in line to drive this baby!!!!!!!! oh,...and thank you for the ergonomic considerations you built into the tire rack.......it will make it MUCH easier for me to mount those rear tires to the rear.

you are "off the hook",   "outta control" and changing 1/25th scale modelling.........forever!