Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Tim.... Just when I think it can't get any better,  you pull this out of your hat and your raise the bar a couple more notches. With the addition of the wing it makes this thing look that much more agressive and nasty (in a good way). I absolutely love this build and it has me inspired to really want to dive into my FED build. I am blown away by your talents my friend. Cheers!

Every time I look at the pics I see something else that just blows me away. I'd love to see this thing on a scale when it is complete just to see what it weighs. You've heard it time and time again, but that doesn't matter: Tim, this is just a piece of art. Absolutely gorgeous in every way. Be proud of yourself. You set the bar so BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH high it might not be attainable for any other mortal.

12 minutes ago, Jerdatty said:

Every time I look at the pics I see something else that just blows me away. I'd love to see this thing on a scale when it is complete just to see what it weighs. You've heard it time and time again, but that doesn't matter: Tim, this is just a piece of art. Absolutely gorgeous in every way. Be proud of yourself. You set the bar so BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH high it might not be attainable for any other mortal.

I totally agree!!!  ?

Just a mock-up of the tank polished and assembled with the fuel pump & line. Unbelievably tight quarters and I have the oil filters & main fuel lines yet to install as well.    I promise to reply to all that have commented lately but I'm off for a birthday dinner!!  cheers to all.

image.thumb.png.9471dc267c87f02d3123aa0b237bdc93.png

image.png.16f10d388cef9426004cc452dc7fdaf4.png

image.png.ffecf2748177fea32410c6112649b915.png

Tim, this build has been POPPING since day one like a fireworks factory on fire. It looks great. I'll have to print out a couple of these scaled down so I have a better idea of how it really looks again. SO grateful I have seen this in person.

uhh.....that's why they call 'em "hard" lines tim.......they're hard. if they was easy....... they'd call 'em "easy" lines. :rolleyes:    absolutely incredible buddy!!!

i hope everything is going well my friend. we're waiting on ya and saving you a seat!!!

Tim....  Another Unbelievable update my friend. What a work of Art this build is. That engine is an absolute Gem. I know all too well how tough the hard lines are to get precise and you have made it look easy. I am sure you have to be excited to have the engine just about done. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for sure. That bar keeps getting raised higher and higher for the rest of us. Cheers!!

Fresh hot coffee through the nose can be painful AND messy.  Thanks for that hearty laugh Dave.   I sent a PM about a visit.   Your car DOES have a/c right?  cheers,tim

Oh Chris, you truly do know how happy I am to see this one just about done.  Going back and forth now on whether to do the Pro Stock Colt, a Pro Stock Maverick OR get back to and build the replacement for the Henry............a problem I thought I'd never get to.   cheers!!!

Thank you Hakan, I'm sure you were quite pleased with John Force's 150th career win yesterday.  His car was strong throughout the day.  Thought he blew it though in the final with his reaction time but what a win!    cheers, tim

4 hours ago, Codi said:

Thank you Hakan, I'm sure you were quite pleased with John Force's 150th career win yesterday.  His car was strong throughout the day.  Thought he blew it though in the final with his reaction time but what a win!    cheers, tim

Yep finally, unfortunately we don't have TV coverage of the NHRA series over here but I followed the live timing on the NHRA website the whole race, I also watched the NASCAR race on TV at the same time IMO one of the best and closest races so far this year, and I watched the F1 race earlier on the day wich also was a good one...not the outcome I would have liked to see but a good race anyway...so it was a good sunday.

Well enough about that...I'm very impressed of your skills and the model will be a killer when it's finished, thanks for sharing it with us.