Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Tim

HOLEY MACKINAW !!!

Absolutely gorgeous brother,.. the smallest of lines and bolts, and fittings, and braze ons are there...Wow is an understatement.

I've been watching this from the beginning and man, you have shown and explained so much,.Thank you!

The engine is a displayable model on its own !

Oh by the way, can you still take it apart, or are there glue joints at critical areas..?

Thank you for this show Tim...Cheers

Hi guys.  This will be my final post with the last pics of this build.  I think what you'll see compliment the earlier pics with the body on.  She's on the shelf once and for all.  Thanks to everyone again for the interest in it and to answer Bruce, the major components (engine, wing, slicks obviously, front suspension and a few others) are bolted in.  BUT.....nothing is coming out or off of it (at least not on purpose).  Again, my sincerest thanks to one and all.  Tim

image.png.3c81e4633a790d6b38cdad15b1055263.png

image.thumb.png.b8ccca9635d6beb420a27dba38249a93.png

image.png.0b4328da5cd8f73659394e4fbc60c396.png

image.png.adecc1b533c699cbe87de454dc1d81b8.png

image.png.920d179bcf9cff7ea16b6389adcf764f.png

image.png.1ccec9084960ec558fae8fbca46dc6b2.png

image.thumb.png.1bcf767b3d865f78cffc6e9b4e0ba39e.png

image.thumb.png.3af09442a25fb3fe883bf4de08af2c9b.png

image.thumb.png.33d6c8ef2a00a3abdd407b12e4d21a02.png

image.png.f93cfbe14058149c74cf4bae9fa5ec9e.png

image.png.310dd3d41b982ec195e460c6bcc31f79.png

Tim, watching you explore the world of machining / model building has been absolutely riveting (pun intended). You've created a thing of beauty here from nothing but raw materials...something from nothing if you will. I sincerely believe you have made the Gods of Metal weep. Kudos, my friend,....... Kudos!!

Edited by comp1839

Daniel, thanks man for the compliments.  You've been quite generous and I hope you find the next build interesting too. 

Dave, (comp1839)  I owe a bunch to you.....be it the knowledge and friendship you shared as I've learned my way around a mill and your patience with me when it must have seemed I was asking endless questions.  I certainly could have never made this car 3 or 4 years ago and I share that credit with you.  cheers!!

Ken........yup a big ol' smile for sure.  My actual feelings when I took the pics and put it on the shelf was one of "ah, finally".........I was more than ready to move on to the next build. 

Brad - Quite the compliment sir.  Let me know when you update your diorama next, I've not seen it updated lately and I am curious as to how you shrink a pic down to a teeny tiny size.   Sincerely, thanks for following the last 3 years on it.

Hakan - my only complaint was that it took me so long but I wouldn't do it any differently if I had the chance.  cheers!

Chris & Justin, much appreciated and I'm certainly glad you like it too. 

Pete.......oh  Pete.  You called that one.  I can't do any better and I'll admit that here and now.  Next one should be a quicker build (my goal is 1 year) and only my personality stands in the way of that.  I've been going over and over what my vision is for the Maverick build and I keep catching myself getting carried away with it.  Gotta stop doing that.      Cheers to one and ALL!  

Tim.... I have been away from here for a little bit and man oh man what can I say but this build is truly outstanding. Without a doubt this has to be one of the best builds of all time and you are one of the best out there. All of your hard work has paid off on this one. Your talents are seriously impressive my friend. Though out this whole build I kept having to remind myself that this is 1/25th scale and it continues to blow me away thinking about that with all of the details you packed into this one. You didn’t miss one single detail and you continued to raise the bar on every update you posted for us. I couldn’t be more happy for you that you have finished this one, While I will miss the updates but I know your next build is going to be killer. Congrats my friend on this Masterpiece. Cheers!!

This is simply one of the finest examples of scale model building I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.  Your attention to even the smallest detail is so impressive.   You are a rare artist that combines vision. technique, problem solving and patience.  There have been so many times in this journey when I think, OMG, how did he just do that !

This  is a build that I will continue to share with my friends as an example of what can be achieved in this hobby.  

Thank you for sharing this with us my friend :)

Randy

Hi Mike, so appreciate your comments and that you like the finished product.  I'm well into the planning on the Maverick now.  Hope you follow along again.  cheers, tim

Chris, thank you my friend. I so miss your work and hope you have something soon for all of us.  If you need something give me a ring.  cheers

Michal, thank you sir.  Not often I get a comment from the Czech Republic.   Cheers, Tim

Randy D. - I can't express what your kind words mean.  You're a phenomenal scratch builder that I've always followed.  After seeing your cars, I dug up old posts of your trains and trucks.  You can do it all.  Like Chris S., I sincerely hope you both come back soon with some updates on your projects.  The forum is better for it as it's something we can all aspire to.   cheers, Tim

Wow! That turned out fantastic! Haven't been here in a while so didn't know you were already finished with this. Just went through the last few pages and the end result is incredible. Only very few modelers can get to this level of build quality. It's hard to say anything that hasn't been said already, so I'll just add: Fantastic work!

Now I need to read through the rest of the pages that I haven't seen yet...

Edited by W-409

A most sincere thank you Niko & Jim.  The Maverick is starting to take on a life of its own.  The planning is starting to snowball into something a bit more than I originally intended.   Hope you continue to follow along on the new build.   Cheers !

btw, Niko, love that wheels up shot of your drag car.