Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bantam Fuel Altered - New pics 1-7

Codi

Burgers and dogs not ready yet so I thought I'd take a moment and acknowledge all of the comments about the paint.

BobtheHobbyGuy - Many thanks to you as well. 

Chris, thanks man but it wasn't as complicated as your Vega paint.  Two colors and some simple masking (or so I thought).......but I got a good result at the end of it all.

Dave(comp1839) great catching up with you this morning Dave.  Looking forward to a ride still and how you're progressing on the BIG big block.   Thanks too for the "WOW".   Paints not my forte so I'll take this one for sure.

John T. - You've been a great mentor on the painting stuff John.  The sharing of your experience was most helpful but so was the encouragement to be PATIENT (not my strength) and take it one step at a time.  Thanks!

Ray (CobraMan) As you can tell Ray from my comments above, it fought me a bit.  Appreciate the thought!

Daniel- "can't wait"   yup, that sums up my attitude on this as well.  I refuse to consider this the eternal project.  It WILL be done sooner than later.

Art- appreciated too sir!

Mike (from Germany) & Gilles (from France) thanks gentlemen for popping by and checking it out. It's coming together once and for all and this was the final big step towards completion.      Cheers to everyone!!!     Now I'm going to go enjoy the cook-out!

small update. Mag & plug wires installed. Have to add the kill wire to the mag yet but the throttle cable's installed as well.  ProTech plug wires, Model Car Garage looms and RB plug boots and the firing is order is correct.  Next couple items on the list should really make the car pop.  cheers, tim

image.png.fe496bd079ee7d483ff1ab563135871b.png

image.png.438e995a0a7b74ae580a458af32d5122.png

image.png.c2bd4554a169708f887116ed326e2de3.png

image.png.e5a8209452878f6c5b7c7175498a7bc7.png

Much appreciated as always fellas!  I did want to answer Daniel's question...........yup, scratch-built.  I machined it out of aluminum.  A pic before it was painted and detailed.   Cheers, tim

image.png.578e8e9e310d7e6ff11786f320529977.png

5 hours ago, Codi said:

Much appreciated as always fellas!  I did want to answer Daniel's question...........yup, scratch-built.  I machined it out of aluminum.  A pic before it was painted and detailed.   Cheers, tim

That, sir, is awesome! Easily the best scale "Frankenstein" I have ever seen. Beautiful, beautiful work.

Thank you Daniel for the compliment.  

Dave, you would think just sticking one end of a wire in the valve cover and another in the mag would be zippity-do-da right?   Detailing the entire mag including the wires was between 3 1/2 to 4 hours.  Granted I lost 1/2 hour getting the kill wire back on it as it had come off and needed re-attaching.   You put your plug wires on your 37' Chevy in 30 minutes by comparison I'm sure.   Cheers! 

test fitting the inner fenders again to get them permanently affixed to the chassis.  more massaging but I think they're about ready now.  I slipped the firewall in as well.  the gap between the mag & firewall is less than 1/16"".   cat whisker close.  cheers

image.png.13e5a57a8529b9b8a798cd51e0e17b60.png

sorry about the lighting too.........the pics don't "pop" the way I would want but you get the idea I think.

image.png.a5851f7fadb13f215718fb78d638f991.png

"

Gentlemen, your encouraging words got me going early this week.  Got the fenders on the chassis finally and I was super pleased with how well they fit inside the body.  Attached the mag kill wire and the wing assembled and mocked up on the chassis.  Couple more off the punch list.  I'm going to work on the tank next so I can get it installed along with the fuel pump and remaining fuel lines.  Cheers everyone!

image.png.4304ecfd5726827d82c323583d6ae360.png

image.png.90900b071d826551459cb13159f4e9e8.png

image.thumb.png.6997395369f2e83f846cd924252713e2.png

image.png.8c3eb90f1960c601f0ab938847488b99.png