[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
Codi

BANTAM FUEL ALTERED - New pics 8-19

Tim.. that gold base is gorgeous and flawless my friend. I can't wait to see the Kandy red on this bad boy. John is a great teacher when it comes to painting. Looking forward to your next update.

Just amazing work as usual my friend,  inspiring to say the least sir!!

Randy

Thank you Chris & Randy..........very much!  cheers

Great updates Tim. I'm also looking forward to the candy red, but this weather is REALLY not cooperating. It's either raining or too hot to mow the lawn, let alone paint anything. 

Hey Dave, gotta agree it's been a terrible painting season here in central Pa.  Got the seat plated and did a test fit.  Plating the seat was a bit trickier than I thought it would be, this plating thing is a bit tricky for me but if it goes well the results are worthwhile IMO.  The leather seat pad is not glued down yet & the chassis color will be gunmetal.  Cheers everyone!

image.thumb.png.4564848d915e93cee6279dd14abece2d.png

image.thumb.png.5f8a60b0a758247231171dd69727e666.png

image.png.cbcc5ebf9424deffc824f07482bfa12b.png

Tim when I look at the detail of your work in this scale my head just spins ! Your commitment is beyond me in light years . You should be very proud of your work ! 

Jeff .

Tim... That seat is gorgeous. You sure have that Plating down. I  need to really try an figure it out because you get beautiful results. Mine weren't anything near successful when I tired it for the funny car so I gave up and will practice for the FED... That seat pad looks perfect too. That chassis is just a work of art for sure.

Jeff,  thanks for the compliment.  I can't deny that is has been challenging but also rewarding so far.  cheers

Chris, ahh, the plating............well there is still a lot of behind the scenes experimenting when doing a given part to get an acceptable finish.  I wish there was one simple process to get truly consistent results with the system but that's not the case for me.  thanks for peeking in too.

Dave, thanks man.  I am just so far behind my original schedule.  As you know it's just been the most miserable summer in Pa. with all this rain. I'll get there I know but this is just getting silly now. btw, saw the 730 c.i. all alum. mill for your 37' you're building up.  Whatcha thinking, 900+ horse in a mild tune?    It's looking great is all I can say.  cheers, tim

Stumbled across some earlier mock-up pics while researching something....thought I'd share all the same

image.png.1a552e29f0cfce14d24aa7a494902490.png

image.png.8043013811d675e8aa1d6bcfbba9564a.png

image.png.2b5c203cbeaeab4ce20cb3f7c9724185.png

image.png.a0491635c30ccc4a6740e5e3be62ceb2.png

Tim... Holy Smokes, the only words that I have is that mock up is flat out Bad Ass..... Wow... So Impressive and Killer my friend.

while this engine would have looked great in that rear engine funnycar......you made the right choice building this car Tim!!!!!  this will become a timeless icon of the modeling hobby.