Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford

DeeCee

Really nice build.  I'm getting ready to start it myself -- any thoughts, suggestions about snags/problems you encountered?  I'm considering removing the plastic piece behind the grill and adding a MCG grill.  Figure I'll build a support from brass, would appreciate any thoughts you have on that.  

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Edited by TimNYC

Really nice build.  I'm getting ready to start it myself -- any thoughts, suggestions about snags/problems you encountered?  I'm considering removing the plastic piece behind the grill and adding a MCG grill.  Figure I'll build a support from brass, would appreciate any thoughts you have on that.  

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Thanks, but To be honest , i have no clue what a MCG grill is????  If it is a photo etch bit, i  don't waste my money on the stuff, because here in  Australia, they cost a fortune....

The only drama i had with this kit, was trying to get it low enough, but i sorted it i think.. Good luck with your build though mate..

Beautifully done! Love that color! And very clever with the front turn signals! <_<

But may I suggest a black wash on the hubcaps to bring out the details and tone done the "model" look?

(and fix that big ding on the center bar of the grille)...

That "ding" is a hole for the crank. (Cars came a equipped with cranks up through the 1940's just in case of dead batteries.) Some cars even later. I had a 1966 Datsun pickup with a hole for a crank, and slots in the crankshaft pulley bolt for one.