Miami Vice Spyder
Snap 77 Monte Carlo
Ferrari California
71 Mustang
Ford GT Mustang 2-in-1
Revell 80's Camaro
Monogram '55 Ford Pickup
Revell Snap Police Car

Not too shabby a haul. Several of the kits mentioned in this thread were there that I didn't get except for the Little Red Wagon which was sold out. No BHC Novas either. Ohh well.

Ollie's update for Upstate South Carolina:  Visited 2 stores today, in Anderson and Greenville.  I realize you probably don't care if you don't live around here. But I'm guessing most of the stores re-stock etc. the same way. So if you haven't found what you want yet, it could still be lurking in the storeroom of your local store.

The Anderson store has definitely re-stocked the model shelves.  Last week they had NO, ZERO Polar Lights Tommy Grove Mustang FC, today they had a bunch. Ditto for the Lindberg Surf Buggy, Revell Alternomad, 2010 Camaro convertible, Dodge Magnum SR8, and some other kits I'm sure I'm forgetting.

The Greenville store had a bunch of the goofy Lindberg Weird-Ohs kits for $4.99. (But not "Beach Bunny Catching Rays," which I wanted.)  The Anderson store had NONE of those Weird-Oh kits.

Warning: while most of the model kits are displayed on an aisle "endcap" in both of these stores, some kits were not.  They were just stacked in the regular toy aisle. In the Greenville store, that's where I found the Weird-Ohs and the Lindberg 1/48 Snark missile kits.

Ollie's update for Upstate South Carolina:  Visited 2 stores today, in Anderson and Greenville.  I realize you probably don't care if you don't live around here. But I'm guessing most of the stores re-stock etc. the same way. So if you haven't found what you want yet, it could still be lurking in the storeroom of your local store.

The Anderson store has definitely re-stocked the model shelves.  Last week they had NO, ZERO Polar Lights Tommy Grove Mustang FC, today they had a bunch. Ditto for the Lindberg Surf Buggy, Revell Alternomad, 2010 Camaro convertible, Dodge Magnum SR8, and some other kits I'm sure I'm forgetting.

The Greenville store had a bunch of the goofy Lindberg Weird-Ohs kits for $4.99. (But not "Beach Bunny Catching Rays," which I wanted.)  The Anderson store had NONE of those Weird-Oh kits.

Warning: while most of the model kits are displayed on an aisle "endcap" in both of these stores, some kits were not.  They were just stacked in the regular toy aisle. In the Greenville store, that's where I found the Weird-Ohs and the Lindberg 1/48 Snark missile kits.

This is kind of lightning striking twice.  I just got on here to post basically what Mike has just posted.  So yeah, the same thing in my store in North Central WV.  They were out of some kits that were there on Sunday and definitely had different kits tonight.  On Sunday they were all in/on one big display.  Tonight, the big display was pretty empty but an end cap was chock full.  Also, there were kits in the main toy aisle.  I guess it pays to make more than one visit.

got to my local store 'late', got home from NNL East saturday night, went to ollies sunday afternoon, managed to score these,

seemed fairly well picked over when i got there, fewer kits on the shelf then when they had the last sale, [last time was a 'center rack', this time, all were in the 'toy isle' and an 'end cap'], needless to say, my wife was impressed with my cart loadB)

Traveling today and I stopped by 'my' store again.......almost nothing but T Rex, VooDoo planes and Revell SSR's.......maybe more SSR's than last week if that is possible. (bet Revell wishes it had those tooling dollars back!!)  I picked up a F-150 and a Magnum....needed neither but had to grab something. 

Same lady was at check out today as last week when I bought $165 worth.....she remembered me, she said she had never seen stuff fly out like these kits.....SOMEONE is buying kits......even in rural WV!!!

...needed neither but had to grab something.  Seems to be a common problem with us model builders! 

Same lady was at check out today as last week when I bought $165 worth.....she remembered me, she said she had never seen stuff fly out like these kits.....SOMEONE is buying kits......even in rural WV!!!    Coming Soon- Hoarders- Plastic Model stash that has to be seen!

I wonder the source of these kits...  seeing that they have both Round 2 and Revell products... is there a hobby distributor that large who could dump that much product?  

(and I have no idea why this keeps adding quotes that it won't let me delete)

Edited by Tom Geiger

They are also not full case lots of kits. An employee told me it is like a wild card when you open a box.

I have a feeling the Ollies warehouse broke up cases......otherwise one store could get 5 cases of SSR's  and sell none of them!!!! No rhyme or reason to the mixing.....but bet if they came in to warehouse in case lots they broke them up.

VERY interesting to know where they came from....

Edited by Dave Van

Or maybe Hobby Lobby returns from stores after their clearance rack?   Anyone find any signs of price tags on any of the kits?

Can't see it being any retailer that is still in business.  Ollies has almost 200 stores.....if my store was average each got 500 models.....that's almost 10K kits.  Also if they had been bought at wholesale that would have been more than Ollies priced them at. Gotta be a distributor....a first level one at that....and they stll took a hit.....or was part of a final sell off / bankruptcy. i

I have been to a few Ollie's and there is one thing that I have noticed.  Two of them were in Maryland and two were in Pennsylvania.  The ones in MD had more of the older, muscle car variety,  They had the 56 Chevy, the 71 Mustang, GTO, BHC Nova, etc.  They PA stores had more of the newer cars, such as the Camaros, Ferrari, etc.  I have picked up a bunch but only one of each kit with the exception of the Rammunition monster truck, the Little Red Wagon and the 56 Chevy.  I was half tempted to get some of the model pirate pistols they had at the first one that I went to.  I haven't seen them anywhere else since, although I have seen the life size pirate skull model a lot.

Edited by KeithJackson
Because I keep mixing up my Red Dodge trucks.

My area store had those Pistols back from the Warehouse "Fire" sale

from Lindberg!!

I think 3 or 4 different ones.

When I get cash week after next, I HOPE they have an SSR, and the Maverick Dodge

besides the few 97 Crown-Vic's I did not find back during the Fire sale!!

SSR was an Indy Pace car, so I need one

My area store had those Pistols back from the Warehouse "Fire" sale

from Lindberg!!

I think 3 or 4 different ones.

When I get cash week after next, I HOPE they have an SSR, and the Maverick Dodge

besides the few 97 Crown-Vic's I did not find back during the Fire sale!!

SSR was an Indy Pace car, so I need one

I plan on hitting another Ollie's Sunday on my way to work.  Did you want me to grab you an SSR and Maverick if they have them?  Also, which of the Crown Vics are you still looking for?  I have seen some of those still around.

Thanks to the OP, I didn't even know about Ollie's until this thread started. Found a store close to where I was working today. They still had multiples of everything. I limited myself to what I could safely carry in the hand basket. The cashier and two other people in line still asked if I was ever going to build all these. I said eventually. Since I am just learning to airbrush, figured it would be best to try it out on inexpensive kits.

You guys seemed surprised that this stuff is flying off the shelves.  There are a lot more model car builders / collectors / hoarders than you'd think!  We serious guys who populate boards / clubs / shows   are a very small percentage of the overall kit market! 

Everytime. 

I grabbed some of their Dupli-Color last time I was there.  One of the problems is that they put their price sticker over the color name.

Just why would be a mystery for the ages, but obliterating the color name might be part of the buyout deal.  Back when Duplicolor came in the cans without labels (everything was printed right on the can) the stores that carried the closeout cans apparently had to obliterate the Duplicolor brand name on the cans!  I bought a bunch of cans back then (at Big Lots; Ollie's didn't exist, at least around here) and the name was knocked off of every can with what appeared to be a wire brush wheel.  Those didn't have the colors named on the cans, but the code number on the sticker was visible (unless it had faded due to age).  In most cases you'd know what make of car the color was for, but you'd have to find an older Duplicolor book to figure out what color you had, though.