Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Lots of stuff....few cars at mine.  Dodge L700 with box van, Merc and Bugatti, Dodge drag cars and 38 Ford van. I bought a Robert E Lee.  They had 50 Civil War cannons @ $30.....they will have them forever!! Tons of 1/72 armor @$10 that will be a tough sell. 

Oh....and 1/16 Bull Horn T @ $20....

Edited by Dave Van

I had forgotten. I had emailed Ollie's customer service asking if they had any plans to expand into Arizona. Their answer is not for at least a couple of years.

Be nice if they did, but I won't hold my breath.

Darn it.

Russ

I wish we had one in Manhattan - these cheap deals everyone is posting about are killing me! :D

Hit a couple of Ollies. Slim pickings at the two I checked. So far all I've found are a couple of Bull Horn 1/16 T-buckets. Actually a nice kit if you like large scale. I also got a L-700 Tanker, 1/32 Fire truck, A couple of Jukebox Ford's and a Surfite. I'd like to check out a few more stores this weekend. I'd really like some fox-body Mustangs and Sox & Martin GTX's.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll add this to my Things To Do Today list for Saturday.

If you go to the Frederick or Hagerstown stores and they have any Sox GTX's or 91 Mustangs, let me know. I was thinking about going to those stores on Sunday.

None of the good stuff at mine. I got a Lindberg T and a couple Tommy Ivo Showboats, just because that thing looks like a "parts mine." Maybe I'll combine the two and build a T with an injected Buick engine in it, just 'cause I now own EIGHT of the things. Street or drag Altered? :lol:

If you go to the Frederick or Hagerstown stores and they have any Sox GTX's or 91 Mustangs, let me know. I was thinking about going to those stores on Sunday.

'99 Mustang kits have been mentioned (I have seen those too), no '90/'91 LX kits though.  If I were to see those, I'd pick up a couple of them to "unchop" the top on one...

99 Mustang is not a fox-body, it's an SN-95.  The Revell new-tool foxes sell well enough I doubt they'd show up in an Ollies buy...   yet. 

Someone on FB showed their Ollie's haul and they had several of the first issue police car LX kits.

The Ollie's in Jessup had the 90/91 LX Mustang, 99 Mustang SVT, Speedwagon, Sox & Martin GTX, VW Rabbit, Ivo's Showboat, SW&C Willys, Hayes T-Bird, Dodge VTS Ram, Jukebox Ford, and others, along with the generous supply of older Lindberg kits. Nice selection.

Just today, hit the Ollie's in Anderson, SC. No Showboats, SW&C Willys or Mustangs.  Drat!  Lots of Lindberg "Robt. E. Lee" steamboats and the 1/16 Civil War artillery piece/caisson. Some Lindberg Bull Horns and Ramcharger '64 Dodges, quite a few Fink Speedwagons, a couple of the Lindberg '38 Ford Sedan Deliveries. 

But one thing I've learned at this Ollie's store - sometimes they don't put all the kits out at once.  So maybe there's still some good stuff in the stockroom.  During the last big sale, I couldn't find a couple kits people mentioned.  Then a week or two later, suddenly they showed up.

In further news from the same town, Michael's had no new kits. I think their newest car kit is the Revell Starsky & Hutch Torino.  Hobby Lobby had done a minor reset, with the "AMT" 53 Ford and 23 Model T Delivery "Coca-Cola."  No Clearance kits I could find this week.  A couple of weeks ago they clearanced the '70 Impala "Heavy Chevy" and I got one.  For inspiration on that kit - this month's Hemmings Classic Cars features a '69 SS-427 Impala.

Rolled through the local store on the way to Lowe's and it was nothing but Pre-Round2 Lindberg junk. The only car kits were a couple of Bull Horns and the small scale Bugatti. I'll stick my head in the one in the next town over on Tuesday, $8 for a Rabbit to base kit my C1 Models Caddy transkit sounded really appealing. 

I was roaming around New Jersey yesterday so I stopped in the Hobby Lobby on Route 9 in either Howell or Jackson, depending on where the town border is.

Their shelves were pretty stocked with new issues, not really of interest to me because even with their 40% off, I can do better at the shows I attend. Clearance wise, they had a few models off in a corner Clearance section.  Two of the 70 Chevy Impala in the flat box, a Corvette snap kit that was resealed with tape.. nothing more.

So I used my golden ticket for stamp supplies!

The Ollie's in Jessup had the 90/91 LX Mustang, 99 Mustang SVT, Speedwagon, Sox & Martin GTX, VW Rabbit, Ivo's Showboat, SW&C Willys, Hayes T-Bird, Dodge VTS Ram, Jukebox Ford, and others, along with the generous supply of older Lindberg kits. Nice selection.

Thanks for the heads-up! I went there today and was able to pick up a lot of stuff. They had the best selection out of all the stores I've been to so far.

Nickel and dime opportunists!  Goes back to the Walmart checker board kits!

I remember the "checkerboard" AMT kits! The quality control on those was pretty bad. Someone once told me they selected the subjects for those based on how close the tooling was to the molding machine! That's hilarious if true. Good thing Round2 came in and saved them!

It's a bit of a hike for you but if you feel adventurous, the Aberdeen Ollies has a whole case of Fox bodies as of Wednesday evening.

I was there the day before and they only had the Lindberg stuff. I work in Edgewood, so it's not too far if I go afterwards.

There is a large empty store her too

In fact 2+ in the same shopping Center

Olie's would fit in here very well

(and be only a little over a Half mile from my house!!!)

But 35 miles is Not Impossible to travel

We even have Bus service down hjere

But $10.oo just to get to the Town Ollie's is in.......................

Then a Transfer to at least 1 other bus........................