Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Could someone post pics of the flyer or if they happen to go to one today post up some pics/list of what they are carrying please?

I am going over to the US on Friday maybe and if they have some decent kits for sale it may just solidify my  decision to make the trek over the river.

Thanks

AHA!  Thanks.  That cleared up a question I had - are some of these Ollie's sales only in certain regions?  Yes they are.  When I clicked that link, it asked for my ZIP code.  Entered ZIP and it came back with the response "No Circulars Available."  I'm a member of Ollie's Army, so I get their usual e-mail circulars.  I had not received a circular mentioning the model kits, but others on this board did.  So it looks like this current Big Kit Sale is only in certain states/stores.

I went into the store down the road yesterday and they said this does not start until thursday. 

If they have them on the shelves, then it is effective immediately. The Ollie's near me had ALL of the toys cleared out of the regular aisles and was using that space for some holiday related items (Thanksgiving and Christmas). The model kits were on one of the red square metal displays and one side of it was models.

If they have them on the shelves, then it is effective immediately. The Ollie's near me had ALL of the toys cleared out of the regular aisles and was using that space for some holiday related items (Thanksgiving and Christmas). The model kits were on one of the red square metal displays and one side of it was models.

I asked and was told they had none out yet. I looked around before I asked so  they must have been waiting to put them  out later, oh well I will just go back. 

Went to my local Ollie's last night (North Olmsted, OH) .  What an incredible disappointment.  Their "model blowout" was not anything spectacular.  They had a big sign and a display packed with Lindburg Ford Police Crown Vics, AMT Snap It Bigfoot and Nestle Crunch monster trucks.  We went back to the toy section and they still had the some Snap PT Cruisers, 1999 Ford Mustangs and a bunch of dinosaurs.  My son dug around for a minute and found a Dodge Ram VTS.  I picked up a Lindburg North Atlantic fishing trawler (it looks fun).

Not really worth my time at all...at least my son and I got to go out to dinner.

• 7 months later...

Most of them at my local Ollie's were $7.99 the last time, so that's a $2 price bump.  I still have some with the price tags on them.  IIRC, the Lindberg 1/16 scale Civil War artillery kit was the most expensive, at $19.99. 

"Over 74 models to choose from."  Hmph. I hope 72 of them aren't Lindberg Crown Vics.

Edited by Mike999
omit

Drat. The on-line flyer for my closest Ollie's doesn't show any model kits at all for sale (yet).  This happened the last time too.  Just scroll up to read about it.

So before anyone drives a long way for this sale: click the link below and enter the ZIP code for your store.   Your flyer may or may not have the model kits. The sales seem to be regional.

I have to drive about 25 miles to Ollie's, but it's near Hobby Lobby, Books-A-Million and Michael's.  Plus some thrift stores.  So it won't be a wasted trip.

http://www.ollies.us/currentflyer/flyer.html

11 hours ago, pcm1977 said:

Got the newest Ollie's email and this was in it.  Guess I know where I am going tomorrow :)

Olies.jpg.76a575d408a18c12781cd1ff23bffddc.jpg  

When I check my store in Albany. There is nothing in the flyer about this. Do they just have them in specific stores? Bummer.

I WENT TO MY OLLIE'S IN WATERFORD, MI.TODAY AT LUNCH. THEY HAD REVELL'S DANICA PATRICK NASCARS,2013 CHALLENGER SRT SNAP IN PURPLE AND MET. RED, 2013 CAMARO SNAP KIT IN MET. RD,  LINDBERG KITS -1925' T' AND 1932 FORD ROADSTER STREET ROD KITS, 37 FORD PANEL-SEDAN DELIVERY , 1972 CHALLENGER( X-PALMER KIT),1961 CHEVY LOWRIDER CONV. AND THE INFAMOUS 40 FORD AND DODGE 700 FLATBED TRAILER SET. THAT'S THE BIG BLOWOUT AT MY STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THE BOOK SECTION HAD SOME GOOD CAR BOOKS IN IT. BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT ONLY 3 KITS, USED MY OLLIE'S ARMY 15% DISCOUNT. THE BILL WAS 27.00 TAX INCLUDED  . EACH KIT COST 9.00 AFTER THE DISCOUNT. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PRICED MORE THAN LAST TIME. THEY FIGURED OUT WE WERE USING THE COUPON ON TOP OF THE DISCOUNTED LOW PRICE. ENJOY AND TRUCK ON DOWN TO OLLIE'S NOW. TELL THE WIFE YOU NEED FERTILIZER FOR HER FLOWERS/PLANTS AS AN EXCUSE TO GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, ewetwo said:

When I check my store in Albany. There is nothing in the flyer about this. Do they just have them in specific stores? Bummer.

Yes, only in certain stores, and it sure is a bummer.  I just got back from my closest Ollie's in Anderson, SC.  No kits.  Asked the manager if they were getting any, and mentioned the new flyer.  She said she never knows what she is getting until the truck arrives from the warehouse.  

She also said each Ollie's is a stand-alone store, and all stores don't necessarily get all items.  Though after reading Paul Alflen's post, I don't see anything I really want in that list.

The day wasn't a total loss.  At Hobby Lobby I used the 40% discount to get the new '50 Chevy pickup "Union 76."  Suckered me right in. I already have several, but I really like the side-boards and new decals. 

Some people in another thread said their Hobby Lobby had lots of missing Revell kits, with empty shelf spaces.  This store didn't.  It was well-stocked with all the current Revell kits. And some that have been out for a while, like the GMC Pickup with Snow Plow and Foose '64 Impala. 

1 hour ago, paul alflen said:

I WENT TO MY OLLIE'S IN WATERFORD, MI.TODAY AT LUNCH. THEY HAD REVELL'S DANICA PATRICK NASCARS,2013 CHALLENGER SRT SNAP IN PURPLE AND MET. RED, 2013 CAMARO SNAP KIT IN MET. RD,  LINDBERG KITS -1925' T' AND 1932 FORD ROADSTER STREET ROD KITS, 37 FORD PANEL-SEDAN DELIVERY , 1972 CHALLENGER( X-PALMER KIT),1961 CHEVY LOWRIDER CONV. AND THE INFAMOUS 40 FORD AND DODGE 700 FLATBED TRAILER SET. THAT'S THE BIG BLOWOUT AT MY STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. THE BOOK SECTION HAD SOME GOOD CAR BOOKS IN IT. BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!! I BOUGHT ONLY 3 KITS, USED MY OLLIE'S ARMY 15% DISCOUNT. THE BILL WAS 27.00 TAX INCLUDED  . EACH KIT COST 9.00 AFTER THE DISCOUNT. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PRICED MORE THAN LAST TIME. THEY FIGURED OUT WE WERE USING THE COUPON ON TOP OF THE DISCOUNTED LOW PRICE. ENJOY AND TRUCK ON DOWN TO OLLIE'S NOW. TELL THE WIFE YOU NEED FERTILIZER FOR HER FLOWERS/PLANTS AS AN EXCUSE TO GET THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same automotive stock here.  There were some dinosaur kits and ship models as well, but didn't look at the specifics

The Ollie's in near Matthews NC has the yellow and black 64 Dodge, Danica's stock car, Revell snap Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers, Lindberg 61 Impala convertible, Lindberg 72 Challenger, Lindberg 37 Ford Convertible, 31 Bugatti Royale, 29 Mercedes SSK, and a few ships and planes. I picked up a 72 Challenger, Mercedes, Bugatti, and two of the 37 Ford's.