Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

27 minutes ago, iBorg said:

What's the date on the flyer?

According to their web site  The current add ends Tomorrow  So this will be for Friday or Saturday. Lima Ohio's ollies was just starting to stock the shelves with kit's. I seen Revell kit's : Danica Patrick #10, Pre- deced '10 Camaro's, Mustang, Corvette and Dodge Challengers in purple and red, The Burgetti, Mercades, 29 and 32 Ford 37 ford hot rod, 61 Impala convertible low rider, along with the '72 Dodge. Not sure what other kit's they will have as they had boxes on a cart in the isle that had not been opened yet!

37 minutes ago, iBorg said:

What's the date on the flyer?

It actually starts tomorrow from what the cashier said to me when I asked. So maybe they will be out tomorrow? I'm driving the 50 mile to Oliies again just in case. 

Glad I didn't get to Ollie's today, I got a 15% off coupon in the mail late today. Will be going in that direction tomorrow so I hope to find something, but it has to be something I NEED, I am done buying kits for the sake of buying kits.

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Glad I didn't get to Ollie's today, I got a 15% off coupon in the mail late today. Will be going in that direction tomorrow so I hope to find something, but it has to be something I NEED, I am done buying kits for the sake of buying kits.

That's what I said 10 kits and 2 guitars ago..lol

12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Drat. The on-line flyer for my closest Ollie's doesn't show any model kits at all for sale (yet).  This happened the last time too.  Just scroll up to read about it.

So before anyone drives a long way for this sale: click the link below and enter the ZIP code for your store.   Your flyer may or may not have the model kits. The sales seem to be regional.

I have to drive about 25 miles to Ollie's, but it's near Hobby Lobby, Books-A-Million and Michael's.  Plus some thrift stores.  So it won't be a wasted trip.

http://www.ollies.us/currentflyer/flyer.html

I did that, no models...BUT noticed that the flyer I got was for THIS week and ends the 16th (today). So I'll check back for the new one tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 

Went to Ollies this morning. They had a 61 chevy 409 convertible. A 30? Mercedes. A another 30? car that I can't think of the name. And pre - decorated newer bodied Mustang, Vette, Camaro, and Dodge Challenger which was red or purple. The 32 custom Ford I bought the other day. The 3 way Model T Hot Rod. And a Street Rod Dodge Challenger.  Plus ships and air planes. I bough one red Challenger and 2 61 Chevys thinking maybe someone didn't have the option elsewhere. No 62 Dodges or anything unless once this empties a bit.  They bring out others. But that's it for me. It's a 100 mile round trip run and I'm not doing it every day to see if something else comes out. Like to hear how others made out. :)

Edited by ewetwo

I looked at my local store, and besides Aspen Nascar Fords they had pre- decorated newer bodied Mustang, Vette, and Dodge Challengers. They also had Lindberg 32 custom Fords and 3 way Model T Hot Rods, 61 Chevys  convertibles and '72 Dodge Challengers. Also had the former Testors 38 Ford sedan which is a great source of street rod parts. 

Here's my question, how good is the Danica Aspen Ford?

Definitely less variety this time around compared to the last couple of times they had models. It will be interesting to see if they get more models in to move and if so, which ones. 

I did not see anything that was of interest to me, although I was tempted to snag a couple of pre-decorated Vettes and Camaros for when the little nephews come through town.

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

They bring out others. But that's it for me. It's a 100 mile round trip run and I'm not doing it every day to see if something else comes out. Like to hear how others made out. :)

No, don't do it every day, but I've found if I go back one week later, and then two weeks later, there's a good chance that they'll have some great new stuff out they didn't have the first time. 

I grabbed three of the Danica Patrick Fusion kits last night. And I had a 15% off coupon as well. The one in Cincinnati on Glencrossing Way has pretty much everything shown in the ad except for the Dodge at the bottom (I didn't see it anyway). There were tons of NASCAR Fusion kits. I guess Danica's wonderful personality has been a turn off to modelers.

Ollies.JPG

19 hours ago, Snake45 said:

No, don't do it every day, but I've found if I go back one week later, and then two weeks later, there's a good chance that they'll have some great new stuff out they didn't have the first time. 

I'll do that as there is always something I see and buy at Ollie.

Edited by ewetwo

The one in Gastonia near me had the Lindberg 1/16 T bucket hot rod and the 1/12 Fiat Dragster. This is the only store I've seen with these kits so if you want one let me know and I'll try to snag you one. There were only a couple T buckets but several Fiats, they're like $20.

14 hours ago, DanR said:

is the '61 Impala a nice kit? I was looking at it, but knew nothing about it.

Yes, definitely worth $9.99. My only problem with the kit so far is the wheels. They look kind of hokey. But I planned to change them out anyway.

Mine had pretty much all the stuff mentioned by others. I bought two '32 Fords, another Lindberg T rod, and a prepainted red 2014 Corvette. Might go back next week and get the cool old Lindberg 1/64 B-17 and B-58 kits. I haven't built those since I was a kid. 

Stopped at the Ollie's today in Anderson, SC...and for anyone in the area, they were just putting out the model kits!  Unfortunately the car selection is not good.  And one employee was nice enough to look thru the unopened boxes of kits in the storeroom for me.

This store does have the Lindberg 1/16 Fiat and Bucket T.  Dodge L700 car hauler with 40 Ford.  Also the 2 custom Lindberg '38 Fords, the Lindberg T, the Mercedes SSK and Bugatti, '72 Challenger and the '61 Impala convertible.  And that Revell pre-painted Camaro.

Lots of ships and aircraft. I didn't see a single Danica Patrick Fusion, or Lindberg '64 Dodge in this store.