Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

4 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

They had the Dale Jr snapper, Brad Keselowski snapper, a GM Nascar kit not sure of the driver,  Kevin Harvick Jimmy Johns car and the Hot Dogger show car.  The rest was there before.  

My store in North Central WV has almost identical kits.  We also had the Chase Elliot NAPA NASCAR.  The Piranha Super Spy Car was also new. 

Just hit the Ollie's and Hobby Lobby in Anderson, SC, for anybody in that area.  No kits on clearance at HL.  Nothing new at Ollie's.  They still had some '75 Corvettes (with the metal injector stacks), '71 T-Birds, Stroker McGurk, Danica Patrick/Harvick/Lowe's NASCAR kits. And a big stack of the "Art Box" Man From UNCLE Piranha. Plus the usual Lindberg dregs, ancient aircraft/armor/ships. No '29 Fords or 57/60 Corvettes.

If anybody needs a Barris Surf Woody, I have one still sealed.  Will trade it for a '29 Ford Mod Rod or '57 Corvette.  PM me or respond right here.

OK, I need to hit Ollie's.  The appearance of so much AMT/MPC stuff makes me wonder how much volume Round2 really sells at full price.  They seem to have a lot of merch to liquidate, but maybe that is their business model - sell as much as possible at full price, then maybe (and I mean maybe) break even on what needs to get liquidated.  They must have had waaay too many - they clearly didn't see a need to keep them in inventory to fill orders.

I went to our local Ollies today and they had a big end cap labeled Revell Close Out.  Much the same as others have posted above and across the isle was a section labeled Lindberg Close Out but with the same Dodge trucks and Mercedes SSK but the 37 Ford was new and there were unopened cartons behind them labeled model kits.

Edited by Gramps46

Just got back from the Olies in North Olmstead Ohio.  Don't waste your time there. The only new thing they had that was not left over from months ago when I was last there was some Lindburg ships and the Kevin Harvick snap kit.  What they did have was not much more than a couple dozen boxes of stuff too.  Not worth the 20 minute drive... good news is that my wife did get some hair dye and we got a bag of candy.

21 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Nothing new Concord or Matthews NC.

This dump came from Hobbico wholesale which was one of the biggest. So they have a lot of inventory. Not a reflection on who sold what...but rater how much stock a wholesaler had.

Thanks for saving me the trip, I was gonna hit them up this week. Just as well, really didn't see anything I need or want.