Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

9 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Guy in front of me bought 2 of each: Escalade SUV, Chrome big rig tanker trailers, Hurst Olds and 1962 Thunderbird kits

Didn't see any ALF Pumper fire trucks at all. Those probably went fast on the first day they had them out on display. I would have picked one up if I had seen one there. Oh well....

My store had the ALF pumpers off alone under a bunch of kids games....I have to hunt. 

10 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Didn't see any ALF Pumper fire trucks at all. Those probably went fast on the first day they had them out on display. I would have picked one up if I had seen one there. Oh well....

I had one in my cart, then I thought about it.. I’d never build it. Just not my thing.  So it would have just sat around waiting for the big estate sale someday!  

3 hours ago, Dave Van said:

My store had the ALF pumpers off alone under a bunch of kids games....I have to hunt. 

Heh... some folks will hide them elsewhere in the store to come back later with cash. Boy, they’re getting sneaky these days. I remember watching one customer at the time was Bradlee’s trying to hide a toy merchandise to save for return trip back. 

8 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Heh... some folks will hide them elsewhere in the store to come back later with cash. Boy, they’re getting sneaky these days. I remember watching one customer at the time was Bradlee’s trying to hide a toy merchandise to save for return trip back. 

In the early days of eBay, I knew a guy who would go to Walmart, put a bunch of diecast cars on layaway to list for sale. When / if they sold he’d retrieve them!

In Greenville, SC yesterday, they had over a dozen Hurst Olds, even more of KW cabovers and pumpers, nothing else. I just came home with one of the Olds.  I bought the plated tank trailer there a year ago.  Yeah, we can expect to see these listed on E-bay and Model Car Marketplace.

5 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

The pile I found was at least 15 of them.....and the big rigs were under there too.........lazy employee??

5 hours ago, Dave Van said:

The pile I found was at least 15 of them.....and the big rigs were under there too.........lazy employee??

The way these go out the door I bet the employees are hiding them so they last longer. Not a bad thing as it keeps feet going through the door. At the store here they only open so many boxes day, that is unless more came in after Thursday.

Pretty good stock at my local store!

3A856C1E-1925-4CE6-A302-7CAAA06B7631.thumb.jpeg.2075c71f90199ff6b2417f37d5f67c90.jpeg

27300B9E-EA0E-40CA-88DC-229E16A4F77E.thumb.jpeg.5bc0ca3c08ea0b1448872318bbfe912a.jpeg

0D3EBE56-91ED-4053-88DF-646A9FCE2376.thumb.jpeg.3423c485f0f73d2bacc608dab2f09806.jpeg

Picked up the Gremmy I wanted, and some of the more useful paint colors they had

07C8BD4B-516B-4106-A36C-4F2F59562731.thumb.jpeg.de99d6301a3a8c047a6887819fb6c937.jpeg

Seemed like they had about everything everyone has mentioned so far in the thread, and probably 5-10 of each, so no shortage or hunting to be done this time around.  Got lucky, finally!

I just checked the dates on the 2 kits I got and they are the July 2020 run. One thing I failed to add in my prior post was that the kits were randomly placed throughout the store. Some were mixed in with the toys & games at the front of the store, some in the aisle with puzzles and board games, and the rest on an end cap towards the back of the store. I'm sure it was planned this way to have people circulate through the whole store. 

Tempted to go back Monday & see if the vultures left anything!

I stopped in the Ollies in Elkton MD today on my way home and they had pretty much all the vehicles I've seen offered. They had the big red T,  the 2009-2010-2012-1955 corvettes, the escalade, 62 t-bird, 75 gremlin, 06 camaro, the diamond reo, the cab over Kenworth, the international, the tank trailer and the flatbed trailer as well as some of the planes and stuff. I was shocked, I picked up the Gremlin, T-Bird, Diamond Rio and the flatbed to complete the ones I wanted.