Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

51 minutes ago, Mark said:

I stopped at one store this past Sunday.  Only two kits, Monogram 1/24 scale '56 Chevy hardtop, and Revell snap '15 or so Mustang.

They're now $ 12.99.

Looking through stash the other day......Ollie's kits were $7.99 not that long ago. $13 will keep me from buying many IF we get them and/or any I want.......so a good thing really.

9 minutes ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

That's the one that I got

I have to correct myself on the color of plastic. I bought one today knowing I had a black one in my stash. The Revell is black and the Monograms are white. I also had a Monogram 2011 issue and that is white. So I have 2 white kits and 1 black kit. And interesting is the price tag on the ones from Ollies is under the shrink wrap and the box is dated 2022. So someone mentioned that they thought these were made for Ollies to sell. I don't think the snap kits are shrink wrapped. Makes me wonder if they are going to have more made to sell. 

Honestly not really interested in any of those subjects, especially for 13 bucks now. Hobby Lobby still has a few lower priced kits that 40% off to 14-16 dollars that I would rather have another copy of than the Ollie's Snap kits and the old tool '56 Chevy, but that's just me. I'm sure the ebay re-sellers will still clean out the shelves ASAP in the stores nearest them though.

4 hours ago, ewetwo said:

The Ollies in Johnstown NY has the Monogram 1956 Chevy. Original kits were molded in black but this kit is white. The 2015 and 2018 Revell snap Kit Mustangs and the Revell Snap Kit Jeep Wrangler. And a couple plane models.

monogram-1957-chevy-bel-air-2-door-hardtop-sport-coupe-1-12th-scale-52.jpg

2015.jpg

s-l500.jpg

71vFXIr2QmL.jpg

Probably have to swing by ollies now.  I was going like every 2 weeks, but they haven't had anything all year.  That classic cruiser looks pretty cool, except for the flames because flames are stupid.

• Like 1

This isn't my pic, but i remember when ollie's had these and i bought 5 of these for $8.99 each and there a pretty sweet kit too.  You can find these for like $20-30.  I plan all building them each in different colors, while the 5th will probably be a donor for the other 4 lol 

s-l1600.jpg.ee58170c51da8de94fc5c3d8fdff2fd6.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dpate said:

This isn't my pic, but i remember when ollie's had these and i bought 5 of these for $8.99 each and there a pretty sweet kit too.  You can find these for like $20-30.  I plan all building them each in different colors, while the 5th will probably be a donor for the other 4 lol 

s-l1600.jpg.ee58170c51da8de94fc5c3d8fdff2fd6.jpg

Nice kit.......I bought a few when Ollie's had them a while back....

300A1.JPG

300C0.JPG

300B.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iBorg said:

Can you post a picture of what's in the flyer?

Here's the flyer for my area from their website.  Mine is the Merrillville, IN store.  Also got the hardcopy flyer in the mailbox today.  Technically, says that the sale starts tomorrow, but obviously many stores already have these out on the floor.

Interesting that they list the dual pricing with 1/24 cheaper (at least for my store).  Will be interesting to see if they get any other old Monogram besides the '56 Chevy.

Screenshot_20221129-203058.png

Edited by Robberbaron
  • Like 1

Most of the time, they don't have anything not pictured in the flier.  The store here had the '56 Chevy and one, maybe both, of the Mustangs...everything was $ 12.99.  I didn't need/want any of those, I was there hoping they'd get some Duplicolor paint in...no luck...