Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Went to the Ollies in Morristown TN yesterday came home with 4 Beverly Hills Cop Nova's, 62 Bel Air, 68 Vette, 64 GTO, 69 Baldwin Motion Camaro, Little Red Wagon, Miami Vice Spyder, Meyers Manx, and Surf Buggy. Went back today and got even more, my store had a lot of Round 2 and Revell Classic Cruisers, Streetburners boxed kits. I spent about $400 in the past 2 days so you better get to your local store they're going quick.

I was at the store in Marietta on Friday, they had Tommy Grove Mustang Funny, Little Red Wagon, the AMT Gremlin kit"large box", snap Mid 70s Monte Carlo,, Chevy SSR Truck, Color Me Gone 64 Dodge,and several military kits. I'm new to this stor and signed up for the discount card, does anyone know if stores get different inventory?

I wonder if the flyer got out before the shipments arrived. You guys saying no joy in various places, does your Ollie's USUALLY have models when they have these big advertised blowouts? (For example, mine does.)

In other words, I'm thinking of running out there about maybe Wednesday.

I checked the store and they were on an endcap, whereas before they were towards the front of the store. Not sure what each store got, but the one in Matthews NC seemed to have ALOT of Revell models. The only Lindberg model that I saw was the 66 Chevelle, which I already have a couple of.

I picked up the snap versions of: 77 Monte Carlo  (red car with rally wheels and flames); 70 Chevelle (excellent kit) and a 57 Chevy (love those wheels!).

I also got a 66 El Camino and an 07 Mustang (mostly for the engine to swap into one of the Moebius F 100 kits).

I checked the store and they were on an endcap, whereas before they were towards the front of the store. Not sure what each store got, but the one in Matthews NC seemed to have ALOT of Revell models. The only Lindberg model that I saw was the 66 Chevelle, which I already have a couple of.

I picked up the snap versions of: 77 Monte Carlo  (red car with rally wheels and flames); 70 Chevelle (excellent kit) and a 57 Chevy (love those wheels!).

I also got a 66 El Camino and an 07 Mustang (mostly for the engine to swap into one of the Moebius F 100 kits).

A bit off topic....but I lived in Mint Hill 1979 - 2002 near that store........

I worked at Deb's Model Car Emporium if you are that old!!!

We ventured out to the 2 near me yesterday... the one in canton, Ohio had a couple kits left in a large display area that felt picked over.  So we went to the one up on broadview rd in Cleveland and they had quite a selection..

The assortment is pretty interesting.. round2 stuff, revell stuff...recent stuff, old stuff.. I would be curious to find out how they end up with all these.

A bit off topic....but I lived in Mint Hill 1979 - 2002 near that store........

I worked at Deb's Model Car Emporium if you are that old!!!

Sorry Dave, I have only been in Charlotte since 2005, never been to Deb's Model Car Emporium. Sadly there really aren't any hobby shops in the Charlotte Metro area with the exception of a mostly R/C place in Rock Hill and a Hobbytown USA in Mooresville. 

Sorry Dave, I have only been in Charlotte since 2005, never been to Deb's Model Car Emporium. Sadly there really aren't any hobby shops in the Charlotte Metro area with the exception of a mostly R/C place in Rock Hill and a Hobbytown USA in Mooresville. 

Deb's closed in about 2002 or so when the owner died. The list of hobby shops in Charlotte no longer there is very long........

Science Hobby, Modelers Hobby, Trains LTR, two Hobbytowns, Whistle stop Hobby, Toy Circus,  Toy Castle, a few others and 2 in Monroe and two in Gastonia....all gone. Sad.

Our North Charleston store has a fair assortment, not many Round 2 but I did see the Beverly Hills Cop Nova and the Tommy Grove Funny Car kits still in case boxes. I grabbed a Revell '62 Impala and their '65 El Camino (again, I have one somewhere in the middle of being built). Lots of Monogram 1/24 kits. A few Lindberg kits but those are mostly military stuff or weird-ohs. LOTS of those F-150's... anything notable enough about them to make grabbing a couple worthwhile?