Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Frederick Md,  Polar Lights Candies and Hughes  Barracuda funny car,  MPC Bounty Hunter funny car,  AMT  51 chevy conv,  sock it to me 62 corvette, 66 442,  Polar lights cop cars,  dodge truck trailer 40 ford combo a bunch of revel ssr s and alter nomads,   did not see any large scale stuff

I would have snatched up that snap Blazer, the tires aren't that great but the rest of it builds decent. I will have to swing by there tomorrow and see if it is still there.

I got a Blazer to go with the one I've already got, a Mustang, and six Raminators. Then I got an L700, Charger, and two Rammuntions at the one in Gastonia. Today was a good day.

The one on 51 at Independence has a ton of Raminators and L700/40 Ford combos along with a new Charger but not much else, there was one MPC snap Blazer and a Connie Kalitta Mustang when I left plus some armor and planes.

Stopped in this morning and snatched up that Blazer! They had some other models on an end cap display by the toy aisle, mostly Ford Crown Vics. 

Hmm...looks like just older issues, nothing new.   No Ollies here, but I'll likely be near one eventually. 

Ollie's is a closeout store, so everything there is either overstock or discontinued items.  They get what they get, there's no waiting for a particular item to come in.

Stopped in the one in Florence KY, A LOT of lindberg police cars and military stuff ( not interested in any of them )

But I did snag 2 each of the 66 Olds 442's and the Sock It To Me Corvette. That was all they had of the 2 .  None of the Kalitta mustangs to be found

Edited by gtx6970

Went to two more stores today, Randallstown, MD. and Jessup, MD. Got a Blazer, 72 GTO and a couple of 1966 Olds 442's that they'd mis-priced at $2.99! Never found an Exterminator dragster. They both had Bounty Hunters and Malco Gassers, but I already had those. No Corvettes or 51 Chevys. Looks like none of that stuff made it out east.

Anderson, SC, today 10/5/2016 - almost no car kits available, mostlythe LINDBERG '71 Mustang (ex-Palmer). None of the good stuff others have found, like the 66 Olds or Dodge trucks.  Lots of old LINDBERG 1/48 aircraft. And a couple of the old AMT 1/48 aircraft, like the F9F Panther.

If you don't have Ollie's in your area, check their website.  Looks they are on a massive expansion, with several new stores opening around the country.

Okay, I stopped in the Ollie's in Bristol, PA  this afternoon.  They had the Dodge trucks with the flatbed and '40 Ford, a bunch of Chevy SSRs, one Miami Vice Daytona, a shelf of Bounty Hunters and those small Lindberg Model Ts.  I bought two of the Dodges and one of the Bounty Hunters.

Went to my local Ollie's today to check out the kits. Saw a Retro version AMT 62 Vette. I want one of those for my collection so I moved in....just to see that it was ripped open as well as the 3 others that were on the shelf, presumably for someone to see if they were molded in The "rare" and "collectible" sparklely orange plastic.

I'll wait a week or two then offer them 7.99 for all four.

Edited by FordRodnKustom

• 2 weeks later...

So I stopped at the Ollie's in Matthews again as I always look around for household cleaning supplies there (much cheaper than Target or grocery store) and saw they had moved the models and had some kits not seen earlier this month. I picked up another snap Blazer (might try making it into a Suburban) and they had more AMT kits than last time.

I did notice that in my usual spam email I had a message from Ollie's offering a 15% discount on one transaction, must be a result of having an "Ollie's Card". Could be a great way to scoop up some models cheaper yet! Sign up for one of their cards and save today!

Made my 1st visit ever to Ollie's.  The store in Ocala, Fl is open so I had to check it out.  A big moveable platform was full of models and toys and there was an aisle that had a few kits.  All I bought was a '66 Olds 442.  There were SSR, a bunch of the Dodge truck/trailers, and several different police cars.  I joined Ollie's Army and got a 15% coupon good on 1 entire purchase when used before 11/20/16.  There's something about spending $250 and getting 25% discount around Christmas and the store is open to only Ollie's Army members.