Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

Back in April, the Ollie's closest to me nearly burned down.  It's in a strip mall with a Dollar General, a beauty salon, and some other stores, including a small "satellite" post office.  Because a post office was involved, the Feds/ATF automatically joined the investigation, which I think is still on-going. The Ollie's mostly had smoke and water damage, and is open again now.

The last time they had model kits, about a year ago, this Ollie's had some AMT Deoras, Lindberg Crown Vic with display case, the Lindberg '38 Ford and a few other good kits.  With these new reports of kit sightings, I'll have to check it out.    

Ollie's has become one of my favorite stores. I can usually find something in there I need at a discounted price. The last big kit sale they had, they must've had 50 of the old Lindberg bathtub battleships, Tirpitz, etc they sat for months unsold along with some other Lindberg jewels.  The car kits went quick. I only got a '53 Vette and a cabover KW.

Stopped at my store today and they were just unboxing some kits. Not a lot yet....but they said they may have more.

Mine had Revell Mack 1/32 fire engine snap $10, Revell F102 Delta Dart $10,  Lindberg Civil War cannon, Tuna boat and 'The 5 senses'.

I\ll check back Monday to se if anything else. thx

I stopped by one of the local stores, mainly to pick up a couple of cans of red oxide primer.  Found another decent GTO book, also noticed more Lindberg kits.  The cartons were marked J. Lloyd so these items are another dump of the stuff they bought two or three years ago.  More stagecoaches and cannons, no 1/24-1/25 cars but they did have the 1/8 scale T-bucket ($49.99; probably not bad if you want one...from what I have seen it is a pretty decent kit).

Today at my Ollie's they were un-boxing Revell 48 Ford Police cars, Revell Scooby Do van, Halo jeep thing and some die cast kits. The guy opening the boxes was friendly so I asked what happened ot he display they had last week.....ALL GONE!! the Revell Delta Dart planes, Mack Fire.....someone is buying. I asked if he had more models and he said not right now but they never know what comes in....they just open and put them out. 

I bought 2 48 as I have a real 46, a Van and a halo kit. $40 for 4 kits is OK! 

Stopped in Jessup, MD. Really no car models, but other than the obvious visible foot kits and the like, they had a couple of Lindberg ship kits - the 1/96 Sea Witch clipper, and the 1/72 I-53 submarine (with kaitens, the kamikazes of the Japanese Navy submarine force). They were $50 and $60 respectively. Still mulling those over.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, Mark said:

I stopped by one of the local stores, mainly to pick up a couple of cans of red oxide primer.  Found another decent GTO book, also noticed more Lindberg kits.  The cartons were marked J. Lloyd so these items are another dump of the stuff they bought two or three years ago.  More stagecoaches and cannons, no 1/24-1/25 cars but they did have the 1/8 scale T-bucket ($49.99; probably not bad if you want one...from what I have seen it is a pretty decent kit).

That 1/8 scale T bucket might contain all the parts to build one of three kits.... Do you remember which bucket kit that was????..... It's possible the kit has the wire wheels to build "The yellow canary" T as well.....

My store was restocked today. Scooby Do Airplane, more Delta Dart 102, MORE Civil War cannons with new box art, 1/72 scale plane and paint kit. 

I did pick up 2 Revell 66 Chevy Suburban kits and a 3 foot long model kit of a T-Rex skeleton! Only one Scooby Do van so I grabbed it too.

I saw this thread the other day and decided to stop on my way home from work, the Ollies near me had the 1/8 scale Lindberg T bucket for $50, I picked it up cause I didn’t think that was to bad, they also had the CuttySark and a 1/16-ish stage coach with horses and a confederate and union set of mounted soldiers. Both of these were a larger scale,  I don’t remember the stage Coach or the civil war kits but they didn’t look bad!