Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bill Jenkins' Black Arrow 1965 Belvedere

• 4 weeks later...

Superb job Jim. I myself can't wait to get started on some subjects from these kits. In recent weeks I have been corresponding with Gene and Becky at Slixx regarding more decals for these kits. There's talk of them reissuing the 5 and 50 decal sheet for the sedan as well as looking at other viable options for this kit; even some subjects from more modern times. Only time will tell. 

Well, this is funny, when Garrett and I were looking at the cars he mentioned he really liked that one. I took a photo for him...I did not know it was yours. I never really looked at any of the build sheets. LOL.

By lookin' at the "build sheets" or table cards you find out who built the model, and maybe you already know that person or you might meet him at the event. That's why I was told by a fellow club member not to cover my name on the table card when I put it next to my build.

• 1 year later...

Very nice build.  I'm wondering if using the Moebius / Model King '65 Plymouth Melrose Missle would be a good kit to build the "Black Arrow"?

no.

the Melrose car is a hardtop.

the black arrow was a sedan.

A sedan was recently released

But its wedge engine car.

A better option is wait for the model king  Butch Leal  car

I understand what you are saying.. I was thinking of using the Sedan and the hemi and interior from the Moebius / Model King '65 Plymouth Melrose Missle..

Another question ..is the interior of the Moebius / Model King '65 Plymouth Melrose Missle correct?  The reason I ask is I have seen photos of the interior and the car had the interior panels and seats that match the Moebius sedan.

Melrose Missile SS &DI June 65 1.jpg

Edited by curb

I'm  afraid i cant  answer that one.

I don' have one of the newer sedan kits. To know exactly what interior is in it.

I do have the Melrose car. But havent opened it to ck what interior is in it.

I'm  guessing the same interior as the street hardtop.

Bill is correct, the Butch Leal California Flash '65 Plymouth A990 Sedan would be the correct kit to build the Black Arrow. My sources tell me the Flash kit will be available around the end of this month. 

Thanks again for the continued interest in my model, I really appreciate it. 

Jim Kampmann

6935.jpg

• 2 weeks later...