Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitarsam326

Mack DM 600

Has anyone else noticed that the wheels and tires from the newly releases dm600 fit like a square peg in a round hole? 

You are probably the first here to build one, everyone else just has the kit in their stash. :lol:

Not me.  I built mine.:D  Tires were okay. 

Edited by angelo7

I haven't even opened the re-release, but I built an original about 17 years ago. I don't remember any problems, but then again, I don't remember a lot about 17 years ago. L.O.L.

Ill post a pic of mine later, the kit comes with the hi miler 11x20's and they fit very loosely on the wheel, i tried some other tires in tje stash but nothing seems to fit nicely at all...

Do you think stuffing the tires with tissue paper to straighten the sidewalls out a bit would help?

Im gonna try that Brian, my worry is i will have to space the drives because the tires are reall wide to begin with....definitely worth a try though!

I haven´t started my re-issued kit yet but my friend also complains about fitting issues with wheels and tires. He says that the discs are too small for the tire diameter. Another solution next to stuffing the tires might be adding a stripe of plastic around the disc. Just an idea, haven´t tried that myself.

I added two small strips, one next to each "lip" of the wheel, i think it was .20x.20 styrene. Ill take a pic tomorrow and post it.