Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Transtar

I built this truck in the late 90's while out on workmens comp with a back injury. All told I think I built three or four tractors and maybe six trailers. I still have them but they are all in need of some sort of repairs or in need of a total rebuild. The model is basically box stock except for the headache rack from Rick Mark. And the model is lightly weathered.

MVC-014S.jpg

MVC-015S.jpg

MVC-017S.jpg

The Pick up is a modified Revell snap kit with the Utility body and top from Moelhaus !

MVC-016S.jpg

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Be  Well

Gator

Nice looking Transtar.

What grill is on the pickup?  It looks like a Buick!

Jim,

Not sure what that grill is out of. My understanding of that snap kits was that it was based on a custom show truck, or it was someone artistic rendering made into a model. I think it is most likely a custom truck. It was a fun quick build .And was meant to be a filler vehicle for photos of my semi's.

To everyone ,

Thanks for your interest and support. It is greatly apprciated.

Be Well

Gator

Looks great, Man.....I don't know why I haven't built one of these, yet.....I've got one in the works.....I hope it comes out just as good....Nice work.....

Thanks JT. It was a great project. I really enjoyed building those ERTL kits! I really wish I had more of them in my stash!

Gator she still looks great. 

Thanks Dan . I  am going to try to get some better pictures outdoors later this year.

Be well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu