Model Cars Magazine Forum

The newest model year in your stash

Ever thought about your stash ( built or unbuilt makes no difference )  and took a good look at it?
 To ck the newest model it represents. (I'm not talking about the year  the kit was produced ) . Simply the year it represents or replicates.

I was down in the family room / stash area  this morning looking for something and it hit me. I think the newest one in mine is about 1974 or 75  and even its a slant nose Vega funnycar .

So whats that say about me,,,,,,,,I'm old . lol

I have a couple '67 GTX kits, a '77 Dodge truck, a 90s corvette...and everything else in my collection is older than '62. In fact, most of them are '30s to 50s.

When it comes to buying new kits, I like to get hot rod and classic kits with parts that will kitbash nicely with my existing stash, so that means I shy away from late-models.

Not sure what it might have to do with my age, but the newest model year car in my stash is a 2014 Corvette Snap Kit.  My interest tends to hover around 50s to early 70s and Hot Rods but anything is fair game in my 57 year-old world.  :)

Two-way tie: 2 '77 Cadillac Coupe deVilles (one coupe, one convertible conversion).

ETA: '92 Ford F-150 pickup promo. The '77 Caddies are still the latest year kits I've built for myself. I did build an '80s Tamiya Mercedes 500 SEC Lorinser once for a friend.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Can't say for sure. Pretty sure the latest I've actually built was a '99 Camaro I did for my kit, who owned one.

90% of my stash is '60s and early '70s cars. 90% of the other 10% would be rod-era cars, and '55-'57 Chevies.