Model Cars Magazine Forum

LA Hooker Mustang

With the nice pix of the Charger posted, I thought i'd show my Mustang. Its  the MPC Bounty Hunter build almost box stock.  I used Revell rear wheels to more closely replicate the wheels the real car used.  Decals are Slixx and paint is HOK Sunrise Pearl.  Clear is Testor's One Coat, although it caused some problems on the hood and roof stripes.  Therefore, hood stripes are actually Testors Chevy Engine Red.   I should have painted the roof and trunk stripes too.

Body down.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

Left front close.JPG

Right 3 quarters.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

But why do you run the plug wires to the back of the motor?

The kit engine is a 392, and that engine has the magneto at the rear of the engine.   The real car had a 426, which has the magneto or distributor in the front, but I didn't want to go to the trouble of putting a 426 in.   

The kit has recently come in either Bounty Hunter or Blue Max liveries, and both ran a 426, so the kit isn't truly accurate for either of those cars.   The kit also comes as a Hot Rod magazine car, but I believe that is a fictitious car, so any engine would work.