Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 charger , junker - fully detailed , placing real leafs on the body

crazyrichard

just could not resist and started on some leafs on the body .. its just a start .. will do more .. but i want to keep it in balance and not overdo it

so the leafs are real and come from my bonai tree i have in a pot in the garden .. i grew that one myself ..

That can't be a model, it looks to perfect. What a great piece of work Richard. Everything from the tire's to the missing carb to the leaves are top notch. The added touch of setting the air cleaner cover where it is is simply the jewel in the crown. What a great use of those natural leaves. 

You should preserve those in Poly and sell them, I'd buy some. 

Edited by Rider

thnx loyd !! :wub:

i dont know if you could poly those leafs ... i now glue them on with superglue .. i had some on the dodge van as well and they till look great ........i think ounce the leafs have fallen off and are brown / yellow .. they stay like that .. ..in the summer they are bright green .. i an see the bonsai outside while i'm typing this already has a load of new fresh leafs atm .. ready to harvest next fall / winter :)

Edited by crazyrichard

aww thnx joe ! , with stuff like this it always takes a while to get where you want to be .. take several layers and adds to get it towards a more realistic look , every thing you add brings it to life more ..

i really like the outcome .. if i could do it over i would not have choosen the orange for weathered paint .. it gos to much towards the rust colors , a green or blue or ....? would have been more dramatic i think .... on the other hand it doe have a certain look i dig ..

but that said i have a nother musscle car body with oly a few parts of the kit .. so i could do a nother one in the future ... maybe do that one more as a it till drives but needs a complete restoration ...

i'm not calling the charger done i want to add some small stuff .. jusst set it aside untill a idea comes to mind :)

Edited by crazyrichard