Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone have any real insider info on Revell's "new" '70 Charger?

Monty

As with the Starsky 'Red Tomato', the primary market for the F&F kit is going to to be the Movie Fans and Collectors.  :)

That said, I have no doubt that another hit will be made off the tool. It seems to be a pattern with Revell lately. I can't wait to see if Revell 'extends' the S&H Torino tool. I'll bet that by 2020, we will have some other kit to build based on that tooling, however. Revell seems to be playing a sharp, solid game recently so I look forward to good things.

I think they'd be missing a bet not offering an AVIS RENT-A-CAR version for the Torino. That's the most popular use for them when they were new. If they want to do TV cars, how about the Dart GTS or the Cudas from MANNIX? They have the base material.

I'm all for Revell releasing the '70 as the F&F car first, if it means more budgeting dollars later for us guys out here on the "fringes".

Who knows...........we may yet get that new '68 Coronet hardtop done out of this whole deal since that was much of the same car during those years (1968-70). ;)

Who knows...........we may yet get that new '68 Coronet hardtop done out of this whole deal since that was much of the same car during those years (1968-70). ;)

Was thinking the same thing, Bill.

And the next phrase Jim quoted from his conversation with Ed Sexton at the Milwaukee NNL, fueled that idea, why else would one start from scratch, instead of using in part, the 1997 engineered Pro-modeler kit.

Crossing my fingers....

Len,

He told me the same thing at the Milwaukee NNL last weekend. It's an all new tool and to quote Ed "the '68 - '69 kit parts 'may' be interchangeable". He also mentioned another version of this kit would be stock. 

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that crazy about this Charger as there are lots of kits from these '68-'70 Chargers already and they all look pretty much alike to me. Some of the kits, like the Revell '68 are even very good quality so I think I can skip this upcoming '70 Charger for now. BUT, if that '68 Coronet would be coming out, I'd get a couple of them immediately! That is a good looking car.