Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 69 Camaro Project

Mattsteel85

Came across this cool 69 Camaro at a recent show here in Taunton,Ma and couldn't pass it up! 20$ later it was mine! Prob could've haggled for a better price but I'm happy and that's all that matters. I'm planning on using many diff parts and accessories from multiple distributors so I honestly have no idea how this is going to turn out! Well here's the kit and what I've got done today. Thanks to Manny/Craig at VCG Resins, Charlie at Protech, Detail Master, and Model Car Garage

image_zpsuq1hmt62.jpeg

image_zpsmyxnfrb2.jpeg

image_zps0lusofgn.jpeg

image_zpsnx06hijn.jpeg

image_zpsd13xmu8z.jpeg

Edited by Mattsteel85

Where was the show at? Im in RI. Been looking for shows in the area but havnt found much

Came across this cool 69 Camaro at a recent show here in Taunton,Ma and couldn't pass it up! 20$ later it was mine! Prob could've haggled for a better price but I'm happy and that's all that matters. I'm planning on using many diff parts and accessories from multiple distributors so I honestly have no idea how this is going to turn out! Well here's the kit and what I've got done today. Thanks to Manny/Craig at VCG Resins, Charlie at Protech, Detail Master, and Model Car Garage

image_zpsuq1hmt62.jpeg

image_zpsmyxnfrb2.jpeg

image_zps0lusofgn.jpeg

image_zpsnx06hijn.jpeg

image_zpsd13xmu8z.jpeg

One cool thing you can do with that kit is chop off the front end and graft it onto a common Revell '69 body. This gives you a MUCH more accurate Rally Sport front than Revell tooled up.

Then you can put the Revell front end on this body and drive on as a funny car. You'll be blanking the grille area off anyway, right?

One cool thing you can do with that kit is chop off the front end and graft it onto a common Revell '69 body. This gives you a MUCH more accurate Rally Sport front than Revell tooled up.

Then you can put the Revell front end on this body and drive on as a funny car. You'll be blanking the grille area off anyway, right?

that's funny u say that snake cuz I have another camaro body I'm thinking about slapping the front end on