Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

On 4/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

I can save it, do you still have it and do you wanna trade for it? Do you have the bumpers for it?

Hi Patrick,

There really isn't enough left to work with, I don't think - I cut the hood out for another forum member a while back (Note to self: send him a PM). I still want to make molds for the side trim. I do have a rear bumper I can spare if it will help - and test shots of some taillights in resin. Do you have a '58 you're trying to save?

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Hi Patrick,

There really isn't enough left to work with, I don't think - I cut the hood out for another forum member a while back (Note to self: send him a PM). I still want to make molds for the side trim. I do have a rear bumper I can spare if it will help - and test shots of some taillights in resin. Do you have a '58 you're trying to save?

I just want to 'bash it with a 57 to make a 58 that I DON'T have. I mostly want it for the stuff that makes a 58 different from a 57. I can make it work - whatever you have! Thanks

46 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I can make it work - whatever you have!

"Attack! Attack! ATTACK! THAT's the kind of fightin' spirit I've been talkin' about!" B)

--Hat tip to Carroll O'Connor and Kelly's Heroes.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

"Attack! Attack! ATTACK! THAT's the kind of fightin' spirit I've been talkin' about!" B)

--Hat tip to Carroll O'Connor and Kelly's Heroes.

I love fixing, those hopeless cases! 

It's like a challenge for me, take a look at the pics I just posted on this thread, yesterday. 

Edited by Oldcarfan27

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Plashdaddy said:

Here’s mine: Airfix Lotus Cortina. It’s missing the bumpers, but I’m not sure I want to restore it anyway. Some glue bombs speak volumes of their life as they are.

23582E2B-C515-4D89-A844-AA9819910CAC.jpeg

459F188A-4C6E-42C7-87D8-2D1854029541.jpeg

Fabulous! It looks clean enough to do SOMETHING with. Assuming you're a Cortina fan and want to make the effort, of course. 

Here's a couple of my latest finds: '69 Chevelle and '72 GTO. I have multiple copies of both kits new in the box, but I just enjoy the challenge of fixing up these old pigs. Both are destined to become late '70s street bombers. What a shame the Chevelle's hood was cut. Oh well, it'll get Grumpy Lumped. 

69ChevelleD03.jpg.46e70f24b9a5a1c3621d53fcc2ed8e34.jpg

72GTO03.jpg.d9f18fa390f76fe41fac09fdd58f4197.jpg

1 hour ago, henry57 said:

The orange 72 chevelle you posted has a 69 hood on it.

Yeah, I know, but I already have plans for that one. I have another '69 with no hood at all. But good lookin' out, as the kids say! B)

18 minutes ago, Draggon said:

Hey Snake, I really like that Goat!

Was playing with it last night. The paint has some major runs and other flaws, so it won't be a "light polish" deal, but what's good polishes out spectacularly, and better yet, it seems to be Model Master Arctic blue, so it will be easy to match/touch up. Under the hood is a 409 Chevy with what looks like a pair of Holly 4500 Dominator carbs on it. I wonder what kit those carbs came from. And they don't show in that photo, but the the rear wheels are deep American 200-Ss, the so-called "Daisy" wheels, which are kind of rare. 

Hey, anyone up for a Glue Bomb Rehab Community Build? This wouldn't be a full-on strip-repaint-and-start-over-from-scratch rebuild, this would be along the lines of, take an eyesore like that '72 GTO and turn it into a shelfworthy, presentable model in 12 hours or less (12 hours of work, not a continuous 12-hour span). No stripping, no repainting; you'd have to work with/polish/touch up what's on it. And use as many of the glue bomb's original parts as you can personally stand. 

If several people are interested, I'll come up with some rules/guidelines and post them down in the Community Build section. Let me know here (i.e., don't PM me). B)

31 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

How about this one. It's a 4 screw. Can you name this car? LOL

Looks like the remains of a Falcon promo.

Once in awhile you see one that is sooo bad you can't imagine doing anything with it....that's one of 'em  

1 hour ago, pack rat said:

Looks like the remains of a Falcon promo.

Once in awhile you see one that is sooo bad you can't imagine doing anything with it....that's one of 'em  

Oh, I can imagine doing it with huge slicks as a "T-shirt cartoon" car. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Oh, I can imagine doing it with huge slicks as a "T-shirt cartoon" car. :lol:

It's your for postage Snake. I'm going to be posting some not so bad and really bad models for the cost of postage.  And did you get the other package? . :-) 

Edited by ewetwo

On 4/22/2018 at 9:41 AM, Snake45 said:

Was playing with it last night. The paint has some major runs and other flaws, so it won't be a "light polish" deal, but what's good polishes out spectacularly, and better yet, it seems to be Model Master Arctic blue, so it will be easy to match/touch up. Under the hood is a 409 Chevy with what looks like a pair of Holly 4500 Dominator carbs on it. I wonder what kit those carbs came from. And they don't show in that photo, but the the rear wheels are deep American 200-Ss, the so-called "Daisy" wheels, which are kind of rare. 

Hey, anyone up for a Glue Bomb Rehab Community Build? This wouldn't be a full-on strip-repaint-and-start-over-from-scratch rebuild, this would be along the lines of, take an eyesore like that '72 GTO and turn it into a shelfworthy, presentable model in 12 hours or less (12 hours of work, not a continuous 12-hour span). No stripping, no repainting; you'd have to work with/polish/touch up what's on it. And use as many of the glue bomb's original parts as you can personally stand. 

If several people are interested, I'll come up with some rules/guidelines and post them down in the Community Build section. Let me know here (i.e., don't PM me). B)

I am interested. Please keep me posted. I was on the infamous Snowball Redux build years ago before it disappeared.