[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Snake45

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

I don't have any before pics but all that was salvageable from glue bomb state was part of cab and center frame section

ratrod 017.jpg

ratrod 002.jpg

Picked this up at an estate sale today for $4. Not sure if the placement of the steering wheel is correct as there were no instructions DSC02222.thumb.JPG.06cacefe34a64eaea6e9cad37d012896.JPGDSC02223.JPG.d6603b62d757d1fb30626b5013c9f8ad.JPG 

1 hour ago, Jon Haigwood said:

Picked this up at an estate sale today for $4. Not sure if the placement of the steering wheel is correct as there were no instructions DSC02223.JPG.d6603b62d757d1fb30626b5013c9f8ad.JPG 

That's gotta be a bear to drive!! :D

Steve

1 hour ago, Jon Haigwood said:

Picked this up at an estate sale today for $4. Not sure if the placement of the steering wheel is correct as there were no instructions DSC02222.thumb.JPG.06cacefe34a64eaea6e9cad37d012896.JPGDSC02223.JPG.d6603b62d757d1fb30626b5013c9f8ad.JPG 

Don't you know? That's the optional, ultrasonic, megawave, heat exchange, centralized hovercraft converter unit.

A very rare part, only a few Avantis were ever sold with them. Thats why Studebaker when bankrupt. It couldn't overcome gravity! 😂

That's also why this one was only built with one wheel.🙄

17 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I don't know what this old junk is - cost me about three dollar fiddy at the flea market

2v2JPa8fSxue8Lf.jpg

I don't know if you realize it, but that there is worth a Grant. Maybe a Benjamin to the right person. 

Those rebuilds are great guys.

Edited by ewetwo
spelling

MVC031S-vi.jpgOriginal 1956 Pontiac Club De Mer. Lots of glue on this one.32-vi.jpgOld AMT 32 Ford my late wife got for me. 50 cents at a yard sale in Nebraska. Never painted,but tons of glue.oldermodels001-vi.jpgOld MPC kit. Lots of glue & paint. Have all the parts to rebuild it.

2 hours ago, jeffdeoranut said:

I don't have any before pics but all that was salvageable from glue bomb state was part of cab and center frame section

ratrod 017.jpg

ratrod 002.jpg

WHY is this the first time I see this ..?? have you posted this before?

Wait, did you hollow out some BF Goodrichs and put some O/S Boyd Coddingtonian 5spokes in 'em...?

Really liking the appliance (avacado) green too!! Seriously good s tff going here

Explain that firewall Mr.?

😎😎

Edited by Belugawrx

7 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Amazing what a little paint can do, isn't it?

Steve

2v29N5jhdxwUbWP.jpg2v29N5jWrxwUbWP.jpg2v23E1mj3xwUbWP.jpg2v23E1TU2xwUbWP.jpg

It's hard to believe that's the same car!

David G.

4 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

WHY is this the first time I see this ..?? have you posted this before?

Wait, did you hollow out some BF Goodrichs and put some O/S Boyd Coddingtonian 5spokes in 'em...?

Really liking the appliance (avacado) green too!! Seriously good s tff going here

Explain that firewall mr

4 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

yes its been posted before...wheels tires are from California wheels kit-55 nomad I think...the firewall could fit better-its plastic mirror stuff from walmart

yes its been posted before...wheels tires are from California wheels kit-55 nomad I think...the firewall could fit better-its plastic mirror stuff from walmart

5 hours ago, Lordmodelbuilder said:

MVC031S-vi.jpgOriginal 1956 Pontiac Club De Mer. Lots of glue on this one.32-vi.jpgOld AMT 32 Ford my late wife got for me. 50 cents at a yard sale in Nebraska. Never painted,but tons of glue.oldermodels001-vi.jpgOld MPC kit. Lots of glue & paint. Have all the parts to rebuild it.

That Mako Shark looks like a tough one....those things are fiddly right out of the box 

Jeff, that truck is diabolical, well done! 90s mini-truck meets rat-rod...a combination I never would have imagined. It's so darn long, it demands respect, haha. Great use of a gluebomb body!

Here's my glue-bomb. The interior bucket and windshield ARE going to be FUN to get unglued!

2v295P6dqxfjhLg.jpg

This one wasn't really a glue-bomb, but it had it's share of problems.

2v29MCEbnxfjhLg.jpg

2v2uKaQHWxfjhLg.jpg