Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

13 hours ago, magicmustang said:

.. Just picked up a Hawk Bobcat on Epay. Will try your described improvements.

Would be interesting to see what your interpretation yields, compared to mine. You may beat me to completion on it, though. A variety of non-modeling obligations still conspire to be monstrous time eaters for me lately.

40 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

I got these a while back from a contractor who came into work. Some of his old builds. Not sure when, or if, I'll get around to doing much with some of them except pull parts. The Camaro, Impala and Nova have the most potential for me

Later-

IMG_20200115_081635053.jpg

IMG_20200115_081653484.jpg

IMG_20200115_081715603.jpg

Oh my! Those all look like fun "rescue" candidates. Nothing there rare enough to rate a full-on rebuild, but it would be fun to see if a few hours work would improve any of them enough to earn a spot on the shelf. I LOVE this kinda stuff! Have fun with them! 

Got the paint stopped off of this one today in prep for a rebuild. This one is extremely brittle. I broke the front fender trying to remove the grill. You can see from the red line where I reglued it. For $2 for a complete build, I can't complain.

Later-

IMG_20200109_125056705.jpg

IMG_20200115_112139315.jpg

40 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Got the paint stopped off of this one today in prep for a rebuild. This one is extremely brittle. I broke the front fender trying to remove the grill. You can see from the red line where I reglued it. For $2 for a complete build, I can't complain.

Later-

IMG_20200109_125056705.jpg

IMG_20200115_112139315.jpg

Nice projects there. That Caddy wagon would make a good service vehicle.  ?

16 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

That looks like an excellent candidate, Dave. Do you have all of the parts for it?

Later-

No Tom. I was going to list it for sale at a Facebook site "Deal or No Deal, the parts". I put a 66 corvette at that site. A guy offed $5. I accepted and he's never followed up. First time I try something to recoup some cash and it goes bust.