Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's See Some Glue Bombs!

I gotta say, I love a glue bomb where the builder doesn’t scrape the chrome and paints EVERYTHING….including the glue points.😁 I think this one may even have used some kind of eco-glue? It’s definitely not the old orange tube Testors! And before disassembly and dunking, I would have sworn this was cast in black!🤪

ED04A17F-A348-4281-BAC1-1102F91811F4.thumb.jpeg.3ac0780edb022c7aa24c8497cf612c53.jpeg

7CAD72BA-6F6C-460B-AC9B-7A6E8E1C5896.jpeg

3FA66970-DB79-476E-9247-9C07001308AF.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A hopeless-looking piece I just had to save.

This '60 Galaxy was in a box of junkers I got a few years ago.  Someone had removed the windshield, snapping the pillars off along with it, shaved/gouged the body with 80-100 grit, then laid on a heavy coat of too-hot (lacquer?) paint. 

After lots of Bondo spot putty and sanding, I had a nice base for a curbside custom.  Luckily I had a '60 Edsel top boot in the parts stash.

zz1.JPG

zz2.JPG

zz3.JPG

zz4.JPG

zz5.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, pack rat said:

This '60 Galaxy was in a box of junkers I got a few years ago.  Someone had removed the windshield, snapping the pillars off along with it, shaved/gouged the body with 80-100 grit, then laid on a heavy coat of too-hot (lacquer?) paint. 

After lots of Bondo spot putty and sanding, I had a nice base for a curbside custom.  Luckily I had a '60 Edsel top boot in the parts stash.

Super nice save '60 convertible.

Edited by Gramps46

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Got this one in the mail today.  I should ge able to rebuild this rare kit to add tot the stable of Mustangs.

Hope you post pics of the finished rebuild; I don't recall ever seeing a proper build-up of the MPC '66  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Interesting mix of parts there Rex. Is that a Galaxy taillight?

Not sure - the box gives credit to Jean Jeffries for the “custom” parts.  They look more like T-bird lights to me except like the ones used on the 67 Shelbys.

2 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Not sure - the box gives credit to Jean Jeffries for the “custom” parts.  They look more like T-bird lights to me except like the ones used on the 67 Shelbys.

I think Gramps meant this one.

20220418_184921.jpg.91a7e958ccd8c22fb985c6cdfab6f40c.jpg

Looks like a very restorable project, I'm sure you'll do it justice. 

Tell us how it compares with the upcoming AMT 66.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

15 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I think Gramps meant this one.

20220418_184921.jpg.91a7e958ccd8c22fb985c6cdfab6f40c.jpg

Looks like a very restorable project, I'm sure you'll do it justice. 

Tell us how it compares with the upcoming AMT 65.

Gotcha.  Probably a random part that didn’t belong in there.

7 hours ago, pack rat said:

zz1.JPG

zz2.JPG

zz3.JPG

zz4.JPG

zz5.JPG

Incredible save!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this 62 Olds 88 as part of a stash of models. There is a corvette front clip welded to the front of it. I have many models from this builder, his building skills range from poor to fair but his hand painting skills were solidly fair and creative. Since I am not sure what to do with this one right now I am just going to bag it and tag it.

62 Olds 88.jpg

12 hours ago, Carmak said:

Just got this 62 Olds 88 as part of a stash of models. There is a corvette front clip welded to the front of it. I have many models from this builder, his building skills range from poor to fair but his hand painting skills were solidly fair and creative. Since I am not sure what to do with this one right now I am just going to bag it and tag it.

Uh... put it on a 4x4 chassis and give it the Mad Max treatment? :wacko:

• Haha 1

Found these two Lincoln Continentals at the Hoosier Model Club show and flea market for reasonable prices. Not glue bombs, fairly nicely built, no paint, and very restorable. One question- they should both be 1961's, but the right hand one has an engine and opening hood, the left one not- hood molded in place. Anyone shed some light on this?

IMG_9513.jpg