Model Cars Magazine Forum

1994 Acura Integra Type R

Tinky

Hello All,

After one and a half months, this build is finally finished. A lot of unexpected life stuff went on during the build, and I used it as a stress reliever to help ease my mind on things. Was going for a Street Tuner style and hopefully did not turn it into a Ricer along the way :D. Extra care was taken to make it look as best as I can at this point. Notable changes include a "glass" see-through hood made out of a clear plastic container and cardboard, reversing the stock rims for a bigger offset (no brakes btw but who needs 'em? B)), adding Sony Xplod subwoofers and amplifier to the rear dash, a simple 2-point roll bar, adding a "Honda Racing" logo on the spoiler, and using all 10 different sponsor decals (2 for each).

Type_R_01.thumb.JPG.2e7ffac961be02560a42Type_R_08.thumb.JPG.900498a6c07b66937148Type_R_09.thumb.JPG.bdac9f8a55cdd720e68cType_R_06.thumb.JPG.280a82c30a9fc46481c4Type_R_05.thumb.JPG.53e80fa027b0e91bc3f7Type_R_04.thumb.JPG.a976e658823b39216dc9Type_R_02.thumb.JPG.615c481cf0be6d84c365Type_R_03.thumb.JPG.ca49651d8b2254fac56cType_R_10.thumb.JPG.f490ce742437a46ad033

Type_R_07.thumb.JPG.4cdb7635b2346239f7b6Type_R_11.thumb.JPG.695717dd434a4b21211eType_R_12.thumb.JPG.0a83e77d6e7d93ce212fType_R_2016.thumb.jpg.4dceb1b68f8b99ecb3

Thank you for looking.

Edited by Tinky
pictures disappeared so I uploaded them again

Cool, I like the thinking outside the box.

^^^ exactly what I was thinking, keep it up, there's something new to learn with every build.  I did a build on this kit a while back, look up "two builds two breeds"   I have love for this car, I drive one everyday.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Leslie, Ryan, and Jonathan for your kind and motivating comments! I looked up your kit Ryan, and have to say it is very nice and job well done, I like it!

Any particular reason you're calling this a '94? This Revell model is of the '98-'01 front end style, though I noticed you painted the rear turn signals amber as they were from '94-'97. I suppose it could be a '94 with a '98 front end conversion?

Any particular reason you're calling this a '94? This Revell model is of the '98-'01 front end style, though I noticed you painted the rear turn signals amber as they were from '94-'97. I suppose it could be a '94 with a '98 front end conversion?

Oh, thank you very much Andrew for pointing this out. I was unsure about what exact year this model was intended to represent as the box and instructions do not explicitly say (a small bummer for me as I really want to know), so I tentatively used the year 1994 because it is mentioned out in the instruction description of the model. As for the rear taillights, I painted them that way because I like the way it looks on the 1:1 car and also did not install the clear lenses as the indents did not quite match up with the backings. I really like your suggestion of calling this car a 1994 with a converted 1998 front end, as it more accurately describes what this car actually is and combines the best of both body styles this car has so that is it what it will be :D. Thanks again for clarifying the model year differences, I am not very good when it comes to this stuff (even having a little trouble finitely determining the year of my LaFerrari kit - is it a 2013, 2014 or 2015? ...calling it a 2014 for now...:blink:).

I agree that what you did combines the best of both styles. Converting to a '98 front end was a very popular modification, so your model is in no way an inaccurate representation. A lot of people who owned '98s also went the other way and installed the '94 style tail lights. My first car was a '98 RS in Cypress Green and boy I loved driving it! I just recently got an '07 Civic simply because I couldn't pass up the deal, but I will soon be giving the Integra to my sister just so I know it will still be in good hands.

I can't help you with the LaFerrari, but my first suggestion would be to see if there is a copyright date molded or printed somewhere on the chassis or on another large piece.

I agree that what you did combines the best of both styles. Converting to a '98 front end was a very popular modification, so your model is in no way an inaccurate representation. A lot of people who owned '98s also went the other way and installed the '94 style tail lights. My first car was a '98 RS in Cypress Green and boy I loved driving it! I just recently got an '07 Civic simply because I couldn't pass up the deal, but I will soon be giving the Integra to my sister just so I know it will still be in good hands.

I can't help you with the LaFerrari, but my first suggestion would be to see if there is a copyright date molded or printed somewhere on the chassis or on another large piece.

Thanks again Andrew! There is a copyright 2014 date molded into the chassis of the LaFerrari, so I guess that it really is a 2014 model after all.