Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tim Flock's 55 Chrysler

Tyler62990

I've recently had the pleasure of building the Moebius Tim Flock 55 Chrysler 300. I can honestly say I've never built a kit molded with such surgical precision. Yes, it is that good! Anyway, this is it, finished and ready for the shelf. It's built mostly box stock, with the exception of some under hood details and BMF trim. It was painted with Tamiya Racing White spray cans.

The paint REALLY gave me a headache due to lack of coverage. When there finally was satisfactory paint coverage, most of my panel lines were gone, making foiling a real treat. That explains the incorrect thickness of the side spear. Another small hiccup is that one of the decals is in the front instead of the back. Totally my fault haha. Sometimes my lack of concentration gets me hung up. Speaking of the decals, that's this kits only fault. Mine were VERY fragile and required a coat of decal bonder to keep them from splitting.

During the build, I also decided to leave a wheel, heater hoses, valve cover and air cleaner removable as you'll see in the lower pics. Nothing like having a model you can play with! Well, I've said enough lol. Enjoy!

Nice.

I tried out Tamiya's Racing White rattle can on my last build. My last build was one that I ended up binning, and paint was one of the reasons. My wife wanted it in pink and cream, so I painted it in Racing White and Pink spray cans.

Worst finish on any car kit I've build yet, and what's worse, these resisted strippers. I ended up tossing it.

Beautiful model and garage!!! I used tamiya brilliant blue on my last build and it was the worst paint I've ever used as well. Would NOT lay down slick. The only way to make the finish look good was SIX coats clear and a lot of elbow grease. I probably will never buy another can. I read reviews where people praised their paints. Either they've never used good paint or I just had the odd bad experience.