Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 new releases for 2016

skittles

I thought I saw at their booth, at NNL east, a 1/25 Mustang II funny car kit and a snake rear engine top fuel dragster kit . Anyone have any idea when these kits will be released? Thanks

Edited by skittles

I like that photo...... my wife will hate it. The Bison has Arias Hemis.......great part source. The Flying Wedge, I've got the Kenny Goodell decals for (maybe). Baked off the Ivo AMT mold, it may be the best rear engine dragster chassis. The Prudhomme Yellow Feather will be interesting to see if there's any changes to the Garlits mold. The Trojan Horse is a reissue that originally had mediocre decals to go with an overall so-so kit, but its the only Mustang II FC in plastic. With two of those bodies you can actually create a good body. I showed how to modify the body here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/61064-blue-max-mustang-ii-now-a-wip/#comment-733283  Maybe one day I'll find my started build and find primer.

Again, anybody know anything about an MPC '70 Grand Prix?

I haven't heard anything about a 70 Grand Prix, seems pretty unlikely, considering that tooling was modified into the '71 then the '72, then the Super Fly custom then the Sweathog Dream Machine...

I don't really build funny cars/top fuel cars but I like the Mustang II. I'll probably get the Datsun truck for fun, and even the disco-era Nova

The Chevarra Z28 is neat, but it's a snap tite kit and I'm not really interested in those.

Edited by JTalmage

The Gremlin had  to be restored......the Pacer wagon just had add-ons.....not mold alters.....so just put the stock parts back....PLEEZ! Or include both!

Same thing with the Matador......stock and custom would be OK...

Yes, the stock parts (even if just the '77 and back Pacer nose) would be most welcome. I'm sure we'll see all the above again, eventually.

I want that Custom Matador back!!

The heck with the stock one. They never looked that good anyway. It would make a nice 2'n'1 kit. I wonder if you could squeeze out enough parts from the Bobby Allison Matador race car to make a 3'n'1 Kit.

I want that Custom Matador back!!

The heck with the stock one. They never looked that good anyway. It would make a nice 2'n'1 kit. I wonder if you could squeeze out enough parts from the Bobby Allison Matador race car to make a 3'n'1 Kit.

I resemble that remark!!!!!

MAT3.JPG

My 1974 Matador coupe!!!!!!

YES...a 3 in 1 would be possible as all three kits shared the same tooling....the last NASCAR issue of the Matador had stock grille etc,,,,,,so not much work, 

Stock Matador is an acquired tatse.....but I like being different!!!  

Edited by Dave Van

The Gremlin had  to be restored......the Pacer wagon just had add-ons.....not mold alters.....so just put the stock parts back....PLEEZ! Or include both!

Same thing with the Matador......stock and custom would be OK...

They do a Pacer wagon, I'm all over at least one, possibly two.

I'm actually rather looking forward to their full-detail 2016 Camaro kit that'll be out late fall. The mock-ups looked really good.

I'm very happy to see them doing a new tool of a fairly current car that has a high appeal factor to all age groups. There will also be a snap-together for younger kids out in the summer sometime, if I understood right.

Charlie Larkin

Uncle Scott: to partially answer your question, the 1970 Pontiac Bonneville is coming back, but I've seen no mention of a Grand Prix.  It would be very nice to have the Superfly/Sweathogs kit back. Wonder how the tools for that kit look like?

Dave Van. I have to say that the Pic of your Matador makes me think I was wrong. Bring on the Stock, Custom, Racer 3'n'1 Kit. I'll need to build at least two.