Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 new releases for 2016

skittles

Ah yes, this little beauty! I think I have one somewhere in the stash

MPC%201-0729%2070s%20Datsun%20Pup.JPG

Along with 

The funny thing about this kit, is the flair package from California Step Sides, for the 620 Datsun was called California Sunshine, I put on and painted some for the local Datsun Dealership, also did the Stepside kits for the Chevrolet, dealer and the Datsun dealer too, back when I had my body shop. We were in the process of becoming a California Stepsides dealer and was working on the contract to do Datsun pickups for several dealers, they were going to have trucks drop shipped and we were going to install the fender kits, or step side beds, do the custom paint work and install a stereo upgrade, and a friend who had a upholstery shop was going to do a tonneau cover, custom inserts for the seats and a nice carpet. Then we would have the trucks shipped to the ordering dealership. But Datsun changed the body style and the 620 kits were no longer in vogue so much for that idea. For some reason the in town Ford dealership wasn't interested in doing them, but the Corning Ford dealership in Corning 50 miles to the south sold a lot of them to Redding people.

Edited by horsepower

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of the new Spring 2016 releases hitting the shelves now at my LHS, including both versions of the '65 Grand Prix, the MPC '60 & '75 Corvettes, and the double dirt bike parts pack.  Made myself abide by my one kit per visit rule, so picked up the basic '65 GP.  Think I have my sites set on the MPC '75 Vette next...

I have that same box art, and it Does have the stock grill. Must have been blocked off somewhere along the line.

Speaking of the Pacer Wagon, maybe I'll get a usable set of "Tony Packo's Grill" Decals. I want to make a model of a delivery vehicle from Max Klingers favorite eating spot.

I sure hope it has the Packo's Decals. Being a local place for me to eat I will need this  kit. 

• 1 month later...

A video on Facebook today showed the Model A Ford roadster is in the warehouse along with The Little Gasser, Bobby Issac Torino race car, Petty's Daytona Winning 64 Nascar kit and another run of the Tyrone Malone drag truck ( I think that is the name).  

The link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O3Y9ZfeRds

Edited by 1930fordpickup