Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wish Lists

1: 289 Cobra  (such a hole in the pantheon of great cars.  Could be done all the way from they used to call a "secretary's car" (white wall tires with wire spoke wheels) to full on FIA competition, each one with just a judicious parts swap.  Wheels, wind screens, and dress up parts, or not, and a slightly different body for the "cut back" doors and you're there.  Its beyond me as to why there isn't a modern kit of this important car.  When did the AMT kit come out: 1962 or 63?

2: 67-68 Cougar

3: 1970-71 Montego

4: 250 SWB Ferrari

I agree with you about the 1968-1969 Chevelle 2 door 'pillard coupe' ( 300 Deluxe ) ! I'd especially like to see a '69 post with the Super Sport package (the only year for the SS to be available on any bodystyle). After seeing that Berger Cranberry Red '69 L34 300 Deluxe , I had to have one (only , in scale though . Can't afford a real one !) .

You've hit on some-thing with the Tempest / Le Mans idea . Revell *could* turn their '66 GTO into a Tempest with a Sprint 6 !

If they did a LeMans Sprint with the 4-bbl OHC six, I'd buy a bunch of them. I really like that idea.

And, with a little tinkering, it wouldn't be tough at all to make 326-powered LeManses, either, as the 326 is the same externally as a 389.

Charlie Larkin

<----------- 1964 Studebaker Daytona. But I'm realistic. The 1/1 car didn't sell and neither would the model.

The variations of the '57-'58 Fords and Tri-5 Chevys should be no-brainers. I love to see the '57 Nomad and a regular wagon.

1970 Charger R/T

1967/68 Cougar

1968/69 AMC Javelin

I would love for some company to do a nicely detailed '48 Tucker.

30/31 Ford closed cab pickup. Revell has most of the parts already. Stock would be nice. Beggars can't be too chosey. 

32 Ford closed cab pickup, again Revell has most of the parts, but I would like this stock. 

Revell should not have trouble making their money back on these two as the body including fenders are the biggest missing link but stock would be more money. 

All new tool 67 Chevy and 62 Ford trucks, short bed. The hottest trucks currently, time to strike why the iron is still hot. 

Again I think these would bring money back quickly for Revell or who ever creates the kits.

Take at a look at the Moebius Bumpside Ford trucks they seem to moving well.

Now how about a wrecker, flat bed , 10 foot box or a dump box for any pickup that looks correct for a 60's/ 70's 1 ton. This is a stretch here.  

I would like to add well done Revell for the Olds G Body kit. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong over due. 

How about some mid 50's or mid 60's Buicks? Can one assume they could use some of there Chevelle chassis' for the 60's and there great tri-5 chassis' for the 50's Buicks? I'm a Mopar man so I'm not 100% sure on the underpinnings of the GM Cars but would love some 50's and 60's Buicks

Here's my 1/25 wish list......

1961 Starliner

1962 Galaxie

1961-66 F100

1964-65 Falcon

1965-66 Mustang fastback

1967-68 Cougar GT/GTE

1966-71 Ranchero

1966 Comet/Cyclone convertible

1968-69 Cyclone fastback w-nose and/or spoiler

1968-69 Torino/Fairlane hardtop/convertible

1969-70 Mustang convertible

1969 Mustang Boss 429

1970 Cougar/Eliminator

1970-71 Cyclone/Spoiler

1970-71 Maverick

Let's start with hot rod stuff:

1927 Model T roadster.  A stock version would be ideal, but something to fit the frame of the Model A roadster and coupe kits might do well.  Go the traditional track roadster route with a track nose and bellypan, but Deuce grille would be a nice option.  An old school flathead V-8 would be nice, but not essential, and a set of Kelsey Hayes wires would be nice if you wanted to make a new set of wheels.

For the traditional custom crowd, how about a 1940 Mercury? 

For reissues, I'd like to see Revell follow up the "Blue Bandito" with a restored Little T and Little Deuce.

For something contemporary,  how about the Tesla Model S, and Buick's Aspire concept car?

Now for the classics, and here I realize we're getting deep into "wish" territory

Bring back the Monogram classics, but in particular the Cord and Lincoln Continental.  There does seem to be some interest in them about the custom crowd, and they are so much nicer than the Lindberg versions.

As for new tools, I would like to see someone do a decent Auburn Speedster, and Bugatti's Type 57 Atlantic Coupe just begs for a kit version.   The swoopy styles of Figona and Falaschi seem to be popular.  Perhaps join forces with the folks at Heller to use their existing Delage and Delahaye kits as a starting point?   For American classics, how about Packard's magnificent Twin Six, and a Mercer Raceabout in the same scale as MPC's Stutz Bearcat would be most welcome.

For postwar classics, Moebius has been putting out some kits I thought would never see the light of day, so lets go with 1956 Lincoln capri, 1956 Continental Mk II, 1953 Buick Skylark,  1955 Cadillac Eldorado, 1957 Studebaker Hawk, and '62 Hawk GT.    For European postwar, how about a 1/24 Citroen DS,  Morris Minor, Facel Vega, or Lamborghini Espada?

Since it is a wish list, let;s finish off with some dream cars, in particular, the Buick Y-Job, The original LeSabre, the Firebird III, and the original Bertone Stratos.

I've said it before, but they should really scale up their new release of the '70 Cuda and sell it as a 1/12 kit, preferably as a 2n1 or 3n1 configuration. There has never been a 1/12 MOPAR kit, the smaller scale MOPAR kits are popular, as have been the 1/12 Chevy kits that Revell/Monogram has sold. The models should already be there, they would just need to be scaled up and modified a bit with a bit more detail.

I like many listed here.

Dodge Vans, Chargers, Challengers, Monacos, etc

Cougars, Cyclones, Chevelles

Base level Tempest/Le Mans, Wagons, 4dr Sedans/hardtops

As for a "Hollywood" product.

How about a 72 Dodge D100/300 Commercial Chassis with Utilty Box

and LA County Fore Department markings??

THAT one would be HIGH Demand!!!!!

It could come out as a Standard Pickup too!!!!!

Too bad the other Piece(s) were such One Topic Build/use

Though they Could do what AMT did with their American LaFrance kit tooling

and make 3 different builds possible.

Would a Crown Firecoach or Ward LaFrance be that good a seller though??

1960 El Camino, thereby saving the sanity of anyone trying to make the old AMT kit look good

Stock parts (including seat and door panels, this time) for the '40 Ford pickup, and while you're at it PLEASE finesse the fit of the body/fenders/hood/doors so we don't have to perform surgery to make them all line up

Lincoln Zephyr coupe based on the Continental tool (I'd even suggest a '48 Continental to put that Pyro abortion out of its misery once and for all, but the ship has probably sailed on interest in that one)

1959 Ranchero based on the Skyliner tool

And finally, correct wheelcovers for the '58 T-bird.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

A new-tool 71-73 Mustang would be at the top of my list. The AMT and MPC offerings are a little "long in the tooth". I'd also love to see a 70 / 71 Cyclone based on their excellent Torino. Some early 60's big Fords would be nice too, 61 through 64, especially a 61 Starliner.

These have to be some of the most boring wish lists I have seen in a while! 

Here, let me bore you with mine 

Bill Thomas Cheetah

Shelby FIA Daytona 

Late 60's Front Engine Dragster

1971 Buick Boat Tail Riviera

Some New Style Pick Up Trucks

Early 70's Vista Cruiser Station Wagon

Yup, just as boring

All I want for Christmas is any one of these, most of these can be made from existing tools:

Round 2

-  57 Chrysler 300  re- issue as 57/58 DeSoto Adventurer and 57/58 Chrysler New Yorker

-  Any Mopar 57-59 Wagon can be based off the 57 Chrysler 300 and 58 Plymouth

- 58 Plymouth Belvedere as a 59 Plymouth Fury and 59 Dodge Coronet

- 60 Ford Galaxie as a 61 Ford Galaxie

- 71 Dodge Demon from their 71 Duster

- 64 Plymouth and Dodge Wagons from the Lindberg kits

Revell

- Take a big leap in investing in 62 Plymouth and Dodge Max Wedge Sedans

- 68-69 Coronet R/T or Super Bee from 68/69 Charger kits

- 69 Cuda from 68/69 Dart kits

- 70 new Challenger kit from the 70 Cuda

- 70 Cuda AAR

- 70 Dart from 68/69 Darts