Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 935-dash/interior progress 5/22 update

935k3

I had to start a new thread for this wip because I can't find the original. This the 1/20 scale Porsche Martini 935. I still have some touch up etc. on the engine. The front half of the roll cage is scratchbuilt and a few other things including the foot rest in front of the pedals and the puke tank on the rear shelf.

. The wheels were de-chromed and painted with Alclad Pale Gold and Spaztix Chrome. The distributor is scratched and has 14 wires going in thanks to the dual ignition for the flat six. The tires are from an old build, they will be cleaned up and the lettering redone.

Dscf7785.jpg

Dscf7784.jpg

Dscf7774.jpg

Dscf7772.jpg

Dscf7762.jpg

Dscf7765.jpg

Dscf7710.jpg

Dscf7740.jpg

Dscf7566.jpg

Dscf7706.jpg

Dscf7710.jpg

Dscf7794.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Got the front suspension done. This area took allot of rework due to suspension parts and cutouts for a motorized version. There were no brakes, added parts box brakes and scratch built brake cooling duct and tubing to brake.

Dscf7803.jpg

Edited by 935k3

VERY NICE!! Q:How did you scratchbuild your air ducts?

The duct hose is sprue wrapped with .015" solder from Radioshack then painted brownish orange mix of Tamiya Acrylics. The ducts are shaped plastic glued to the brake disks.

Edited by 935k3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dash and interior done except putting the roll cage in. Got the semi-gloss black on the wing. I had to make the gauge decals and put a clear disk over them. The electronics boxes on the lower right and the boost knob are made from scratch.

Dscf7956.jpg

Dscf7963.jpg

Dscf7970.jpg

Dscf7974.jpg

Dscf7975.jpg

Edited by 935k3

• 3 weeks later...