Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time for a switch in jobs. A new truck already. no more shiney hiney.

Good to hear Clayton, sounds like you not only have a shiny hiney but a smiley facey too.  You deserve a better time nowadays, and soon your former woes will disappear.

I like reading about the "thumbs up" deal.  Don't laugh now, but my "hot rod" is a Vespa scooter, I love riding in the city with this thing, quick as heck too off the lights, the motor has been hopped up.  This morning I was riding along a vintage 50's Vespa,  fully restored and it looked fantastic.  An older type dude like me was riding and I gave him a thumbs up and his grin spoke chapters about his pride.  Good stuff, and I'd give you a compliment too if I were to see a rig like yours.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. 

I've been with thus guy for 2 months now, just about. Guess I'm really making an impression on him. He called me on Sunday to let me know truck assignments were getting changed. 

I no longer have a shiney hiney. What I got is a brand new 2016 579 Peterbilt, 450 horse ISX Cummins, 10 speed. It's much lighter, rides smoother and it's new. But it's lacking the cool factor. I will make more money with this new ride, so that's the important part.

• 1 month later...

I re-polished the aluminum already. The boss has the light panels for under the doors, just gotta put them on. Opened the door one monday morning and the switches had chrome covers on them. The yesterday the boss handed me some chrome covers for hood latches. The lights on the boxes have chrome bezels now. We're trying to get this aero truck lookin cool, without going overboard. Soon, I'm gonna work on designing a drop visor for this. All the ones that are available right now don't look right. Looks like they belong on a different truck, so I'll make one.

Clayton, actually the truck looks great my opinion.  The droopy hood grows on me, I like the look.

Good too that you seem to be enjoying things again and have an employer that's appreciative.  That's worth a lot.

I like the rig!

Clayton, actually the truck looks great my opinion.  The droopy hood grows on me, I like the look.

Good too that you seem to be enjoying things again and have an employer that's appreciative.  That's worth a lot.

I like the rig!

That's a big 10  -  4 good buddy !! . Glad you are getting along well at the new job.

Be Well

Gator

Clayton, just a question;  You have tinted glass, what color is it?  Greenish, or bluish? 

I'm with tinting the windows on my project and tend towards a more green tint than blue.

I haven't a clue what the deal is anymore in US.  Looks kind of green to me.  Whatcha got there?

EDIT: Also, is there a vent window on the cab?  Can't see anything of value yet from the pics.  My project, could you imagine a chromed post for a vent window on a 359?

The kit piece got in my way and is gone for good.  Can I chrome a vent window post?

Edited by 10thumbs

Thanks for comments guys.

The glass isn't tinted, yet. It's low-e saftey glass, it does have a greenish tint to it though. No wing windows. There is A LOT of window on this truck.

I've seen MANY wing window posts chrome. So your good to go on that. Or a piece of foil too.