Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time for a switch in jobs. A new truck already. no more shiney hiney.

My current company is slow, dangerously slow. There's talks of them shutting down the yard I'm based out of, moving the trucks to the main yard. Work is soo slow, has been for 3 months. 

I've finally decided it's time to abandon ship before the ship sinks, so to speak. 

I'm moving on to another company, that does the same basic thing, on a smaller scale. Nicer trucks, better pay and more steady work. Once I get started there and goin I'll post pics of the truck, but here's a shot of the truck at last year's Truckin for Kids, truck show. I'll be rollin in a C16 powered, 18 speed 379 extended hood Pete, with a shiney hiney!

Screenshot_2016-04-26-16-57-15-1_zpsfd5k

Edited by Petetrucker07

Does he run O/O's as well or just a variety of colors? Good luck with the change, hope it goes better for you than my Colorado change has been thus far, but hay gotta make sure momma and the little guy got what they need right.? After all they are why we do it.

Rich

Clayton,

Good luck with the job change . It is most always a tough decision to make , stay or leave. but ya got to take care of the family !

Just be careful not to burn any bridges . That is never a good idea.

Good luck

Be Well

Gator

His trucks are all blue and dark blue. He's also a broker, so in a way he runs O/Os. He has 6 transfers and 1 end dump. All Pete fleet. 

That is why I'm switching. The little guy is 11 months old today, probably gonna be broke on his B-Day, luckily he won't know. That's really what helped my decision. It kills me that that's the way it is. 

This new guy understands why we are out there. He understands because he's still drivin, almost everyday. 

A buddy has been workin there for 3 months and hasn't missed a day yet. So it looks very good.

Does he run O/O's as well or just a variety of colors? Good luck with the change, hope it goes better for you than my Colorado change has been thus far, but hay gotta make sure momma and the little guy got what they need right.? After all they are why we do it.

Rich

I plan on giving them notice, whether or not they take it is up to them. I don't think they will since it's soo slow. I gave it plenty of time to pick up here and it's just not lookin very good. 3 months and it's still slow. There's not much left of the year for things to get better. It doesn't help I'm not Parr of the privleaged group that gets to work consistantly, I'm not a butt sucker upper or a counter pounding bully. I just do my job and do it well. If that's not enough, then I need to go else where.

Clayton,

Good luck with the job change . It is most always a tough decision to make , stay or leave. but ya got to take care of the family !

Just be careful not to burn any bridges . That is never a good idea.

Good luck

Be Well

Gator

God bless you on your new start.....Hope it's enough to keep that "little guy" of yours fed.....I do hope you do well, there....It's always a good idea to give the 2 weeks, but if the other job has work, now, I'd take it.....I'm with Gator on burning bridges, but when it comes to the family, what else do you do??

There you go, that says it all.  Good stuff.

Do I understand right, you'll be driving that one?

What's the deal with those lights Clayton?  When, or better where are they allowed to be turned on?  Is it allowed on the road, to have more lights than the factory puts on the trucks?

I'd like to know too, how the trailer was polished.  I can't imagine that thing will be hauling big rocks, or scrap metal. 

It is allowed to add lights, if they're on the truck, they must work. You can add standard lights, amber and reds. Different colors are for off road, so those must be on a seperate switch. The lights get turned on just like any other lights. The tailgates on the truck are polished stainless. It hauls small rocks and sand, no boulders, no scrap.

And yes, that's the truck I'll be driving.

clayton , good luck with the changes you make

hope it turn out good for you

first week wil be stranched i think [ i know wath its mean ]

and when tou find you way than wil it be relaxed to work , and you know how and what

and special for the one you care for

al the best for you and familie

jacobus

Clayton, I know exactly where you are coming from, and have to say you made the right decision.  I've been working for the same place for 10+ years and when I was single it was easier to deal with the lean times especially since that left me more time to do side jobs, but now that I have a 7 month little girl, it's not so easy and any side jobs take away from time with the family, so that's a double edged sword.  Things have picked way up at work, and that takes away a huge weight from my shoulders, so I know first hand that the ability to put food on the table will greatly improve things all around.  Good luck with everything!

Clayton, I know exactly where you are coming from, and have to say you made the right decision.  I've been working for the same place for 10+ years and when I was single it was easier to deal with the lean times especially since that left me more time to do side jobs, but now that I have a 7 month little girl, it's not so easy and any side jobs take away from time with the family, so that's a double edged sword.  Things have picked way up at work, and that takes away a huge weight from my shoulders, so I know first hand that the ability to put food on the table will greatly improve things all around.  Good luck with everything!

amen to that

The best of luck to you Clayton. Loyalty does not put food on the table. Good drivers are worth their weight in gold, with all the steering wheel holders out there. I hope this is the right place and time for you and your families sake. By the way, that is one sweet gravel hauler. Stay safe out there.

The best of luck to you Clayton. Loyalty does not put food on the table. Good drivers are worth their weight in gold, with all the steering wheel holders out there. I hope this is the right place and time for you and your families sake. By the way, that is one sweet gravel hauler. Stay safe out there.

Amen Brother !

Oh yeah!

That is a fine looking truck!

I'll bet you'll be smiling when you can finally get that piece on the road. 

PS:  Clayton, you asked me about rear fenders a couple of days back.  I like those kind, plus I think I can do them myself from aluminum sheet.

Edited by 10thumbs