Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy fender chrome

I'll be dang,,,,,There is a car  in the picture,,,,

Ha! Just wanted to see who's paying attention.  

Looks like there are a couple of die casts that have what I've learned is the Gravel Guard. The 1/24 Franklin Mint and the 1/25 ERTL Bel Airs. That might be an option if I can score one of those at a good price. Sure shelling out no less than $30 for such a small part is hard to justify but I could use the rest of the car to customize. Maybe someone would be interested in casting the part.

Actually I was half right. That piece and the trim all along the side to the back and half-way in to the door is on the newer tool 55 chevy that Monogram tooled in the '90's? Pink and gray on the box and there was a pace car version.

HTH

It doesn't have it either. I just checked the one I have, no trim. However, I can see where one could be mislead to think it does have it, the picture on the box top, which is of the actual car, does have it.

If it were easy and that important I would post a pic of the part I just had in my hand, Believe what you want.

Sorry Michael, but Bill is right.

That part is not included in the Monogram kit.

You are probably mistaking the rear quarter side spear which includes the "divider" that covers the color change at the rear bumper.

They do look similar.

Steve

photo DSCN5033_zpsqut1xccv.jpg

Sorry for the confusion.  It's the gravel guard I was referring to.  I think Mike was paying a little too much attention to the models "hand".

I went ahead and bought a 1/25 scale ERTL die cast. Ran me about $27 shipped but it'll be quicker then me trying to scratch build it. As Ray mentioned,  the protrusion at the leading edge of the fender would be my challenge.  Either figure out how to replicate it or sand down the lip of the wheel opening which I'd rather not do. Now I just hope the scale of the ERTL die cast matches the Revell kit.