Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Nomad Vintage Drag Car

cook_dw

So Ive been out in the garage all day and I get all the interior installed, chassis fixed painted and glued, bumpers glued, leafs & diff & I get to installing the engine and Im trying to get it square to the body and Im struggling..  I finally get it where I am sorta satisfied and step back to look at it and I see this twist..  Im like how did I glue the chassis with a twist..??..  Bust it apart and get it perfectly inline from the underside and look again..  Still looks twisted!!!  Pull the chassis and look at the body by itself..  The front fenders are twisted!!  First I have ever run into this on a model..  Needless to say I am beyond disgusted..  Doing a search now to see if there is an option to get it square but its pretty bad and Im kicking myself for not seeing it sooner..  Gonna try the hair dryer method and see what happens..  Chalk up another rookie mistake for not test fitting everything first..  

Edited by cook_dw

To do a wheelie pose, sand a flat spot on each rear tire.   Pose the car at the appropriate angle, then glue the rear wheels to the axle so they don't turn.  Position the car on the display base and drill a small hole corresponding to the "footprints."  Then use a sheet metal screw through the holes, going into the tires.  Alternatively, use super glue in place of the screws.  This should hold the car up.  Be sure to include a driver figure.