Model Cars Magazine Forum

FALCON - Doors & Trunk Opened - New pics 8-12

Codi

Just a mock-up.  Need to re-chop it and open doors and trunk.  Most of the Henry parts will fit this I believe. Not sure on the engine yet though. 

If the turbo motor doesn't fit, (it's very tight) then a naturally aspirated 800+ cube mountain motor Ford would go in it.......bracket car perhaps?  comments welcome, tim

Falcon - Ideas & Mock-Up 011

Falcon - Ideas & Mock-Up 002

Falcon - Ideas & Mock-Up 017

Edited by Codi

Tim, I'm going to stick to my opinion in your Henry thread about "raising the roof" on your Falcon project.  I think to take it the other way, i.e., chopping the rear of the roof would make it a bit too cartoonish for my taste.  Addressing the roof situation will keep the proportions pretty well in line.  I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this...

Tim... I am super stoked to see you are already getting back to the bench. I will be following along on this build to the end. I know you are going to knock it out of the park with your skills and talents. I am really looking forward to see what you are going to surprise us with on this build.

Wow guys, that was fast.  Just to clarify, I was planning on raising the roof only at the FRONT pillars. 1/16" , no more than 3/32"   will do the trick. I like the height of the roof at the back and want to keep that. It should have a slight forward lean no matter how subtle in my opinion.  One thing I've learned from chopping roofs is that a little bit goes a long way and I obviously took this one a little to far initially.  

Bob, like the "Phoenix" idea....was already thinking about a nickname for it.  "Son of Henry" just doesn't do it though.  ;) 

Thanks again everyone.  The next step is to take the new kit that I ordered and get the roof re-profiled and the doors / trunk open.  That will surely change it's character.

Hey Tim... Just thought I would share this Falcon... I took pics of this back at one of the Goodguys shows I saw In Pleasanton California Probably back around 1996 when I was showing my El Camino there. If you would like me to remove the pics just let me know. Don't want to take away from your killer build.

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Glad to see you back at the bench Tim. I'm sure that you are going to be blowing our minds again with this one. The mock up looks good, but I agree that the roof needs to be raised a little in the front. Happy building! 

Thanks for the pics Chris......this is my favorite as an fyi.  I'm not going to try to replicate this car exactly, but I like the cars dimensions etc. alot.  And to everyone that is following, thank you for the interest and comments.  I'm going to take time to do some drawings that need finished on the Mustang funny build so I can get it moving forward in a meaningful way.  In the meantime, I'll be cutting this one up as noted to get it right for designing the chassis.  cheers!

FALCON HOT ROD 1

To be honest, I dont like the chopped roof. It might be the hood blisters, or the scoop, but the roof doesnt do it for me. I will follow though, because I was so impressed with the work on the J. And that red falcon you posted is amazing. I prefer stock body lines, with subtle tweaks. But this isnt my build, so good luck. Also, sorry about the J. That has to be hard to stomach. I have been following you and a few of other guys here, and trying to learn a few tricks. I guess this helped me too. I wont be putting any frames on a mobile jig. Im also getting ready to try some brass soldering. 

I have a sheet of metal taped down to my desk. It wont move. The pain is, if I switch projects for any reason, I have to move all the parts from the jig. Im still working on a system that will work for my situation. The magnets work, once I get them placed, but switching projects stinks. Maybe itll keep me from switching back and forth so much.  

Dwayne... you could always have a couple of jigs so you could have multiple builds going on, just a thought.

Tim... I will have to show you a couple of chassis Jigs that I am drawing up which I will have machined for me. I just received my Mic-6 Aluminum today for them.

Chris, always interested in something new.  I'll be sure to check out your jig when you're ready to share. 

Re-chopped the top.  No clean-up as I'm opening the trunk and doors next, but it represents a scale 2" chop at the front and rear pillars. 

FALCON RE-CHOP 024