Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Tommy Ivo Showboat / Mickey Thompson Challenger

Did you look through my build thread? There are several pix there pulled from the web, and I have some more on my hard drive. Let me know what you need photos of and I'll see if I have them.

Challenger I build thread    http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/65965-mickey-thompsons-challenger-one-still-alive-feb-8/

Thompson had a very fruitful relationship with Pontiac, setting many records...some of which I believe still stand.

I did read your build thread, it is great! I'd love to get more pics of the engines and cockpit if you have them. Just trying to understand the paint schemes, really. Thanks!

• 2 years later...
On 4/29/2016 at 12:01 PM, Greg Myers said:

At that end you have a very nice box of parts. and as they say  " Parts is parts" 

I had a few projects here that needed engines and other various parts and just picked up these kits just for the multiple engines!  I’m sure I’ll find some other useful bits in there too for my various stalled builds here 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, Greg Myers said:

With a couple of these in the stash and knowing one can get them at a good price at just about any show or swap...

Three years later, they're still available at good prices. Even at Famous Overpriced Auction Site!  On 12/22/18, the "Monster Machines" double kit of the Challenger and Showboat only got 1 bid and sold for $9.25 + $15.33 shipping.  Back in January 2018, I won the same "Monster Machines" kit on eBay for a little less, and I was the only bidder. I was watching "Ending Soonest"* and the auction was ending in about 1 minute with no bidders.

Not long ago, the Ivo Showboat was in one of the Ollie's kit blowout sales for $7.99.  So ignore inflated prices from the Rare Vintage Collectible Anteek & Junque hucksters, unless you want a mint original kit from the early Sixties.

*A trick I use when scanning the "Ending Soonest" eBay listings:  set "Location" to "US Only," so I can find actual kits.  Without wading thru 480 individual listings of paint from China or 1/72 scale resin figures from Russia.  

On 4/29/2016 at 11:01 AM, Greg Myers said:

So my point here is these are pretty intense kits. If one doesn't have the patience , they are quite daunting. At that end you have a very nice box of parts. and as they say  " Parts is parts" So what do you do with all those engines, 4 injected Buick Nailheads and 4 Pontiacs with blowers , and a bunch of quick change rear ends ?

This will help you make those Buick's more streetable if you have the inclination...

RM 21