Model Cars Magazine Forum

Larry great work on your scratch built carrier deck crane. Looks a Grove what did you use for your reference?

When finished, it will resemble(?) a Broderson 200 series. A freind of mine had one rented for a  couple of days, got a lot of pics. Just getteing started on it. 

My lowboy needed something to haul, so here goes! 1/25 scale carry deck crane, scratchbuilding everything except frame (cut & shortened)  and wheels are dollar store toy truck parts!

DSCF0362.JPG

DSCF0363.JPG

DSCF0364.JPG

DSCF0365.JPG

DSCF0366.JPG

did you build that trailer custom

That's a great idea for a load.....Very nice scratching going on....Great job....

As a side note: I find myself at the dollar store all the time looking for little goodies like those wheels you got.....I've found all sorts of things....

Awesome job on that trailer, as well.....I really have to build something like that.....

I have boxes of seemingly unrelated "stuff" in my shop. Every bit of it is something I saw, somewhere in my travels, that spoke to me as something that I could use when building a model. Some of it will never get used, some I've forgotten what I had in mind for it, and some is being used right now, but the bottom line is keep your eyes open and think out of the box. You'll be amazed what you find and where.