Model Cars Magazine Forum

FormulaA Revell 29 Roadster

Impalow

Here is my next project... pretty ambitious, but hopefully I can make it all work. 

Im pretty sure most people have seen Aaron Beck's F132 concept... and some have seen @goombajames 1:1 scale car on instagram.

The plan is to take this concept a few steps further as a roadster, with some vintage Indy elements here and there.    Here are some of the ideas rolling around in my head:

-Mid-Engine Vintage Ford DOHC Indy engine and Trans from the Gurney Eagle

-Scratch-built Monocoque Hybrid Chassis 

-Full lift off upper body to show detailed interior, engine and footwell.

-Inboard cantilever shocks, carbon and aluminum control arms

-Use my 3d printer to make Vacuum forming "bucks" for body panels ( no clue if this will work.. but might as well try  :D)

Here is a rough Photoshop of the idea:

All the kits Ive been gathering as well as a tamiya Mercedes GTP built parts kit (not shown).

and then last nights progress.

Epic project!! I have admired that original rendering and didn't know someone built a full scale version. I just knew it was chosen in a contest to be featured in either the new Forza or Gran Turismo. I am following your roadster build on IG. Can't wait to see more progress. 

Thank you all for the interest and encouragement!    

I worked over the weekend on getting the basic chassis plate mocked up in illustrator, and managed to cut it all out last night.  So far so good, next up are some small frame rails so I can establish suspension and engine mounting points.