Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevelle SS 396

crazyjim

This is the latest rsult of my Pearl Ex powders experiments.  I used Duplicolor black primer on the body and grey primer for the stripes and then mixed some Pearl Ex brilliant gold with HOK SG100 and shot 3 coats over everything.  Nason clear was used after that.   Wheels & tires came from the parts box.  Engine was wired, throttle linkage, fuel with a Fatkidd style fuel filter.  Came out pretty decent even though I'm suffering with double vision since the beginning of April.

FANTASTIC Finish on that one Jim!

I've heard good things about Pearl X powders and at the NNL East, Donn Yost was telling me about 'em. I've yet to find them around here though, so it looks like I'll have to order it online. I'll need the gold particularly for an upcoming project later in the year. ;)

Thanks fellas.

Bill - I got a package of maybe 24 Pearl Ex powder colors at Hobby Lobby or Micahels.  Can't remember which.

I think my vision is getting worse, Ray.  Docs think I have myasthenia gravis - droopy eye, double vision, fatigue).  They did a special blood test for my antibody system.  Results are back and was waiting until May 20 to see a neurologist.  I called the VA patient advocate and was able to get the appointment moved up to May 6.  I cana't wait for next Friday and hope to get some meds to correct the situation.

Thanks fellas.

Bill - I got a package of maybe 24 Pearl Ex powder colors at Hobby Lobby or Micahels.  Can't remember which.

I think my vision is getting worse, Ray.  Docs think I have myasthenia gravis - droopy eye, double vision, fatigue).  They did a special blood test for my antibody system.  Results are back and was waiting until May 20 to see a neurologist.  I called the VA patient advocate and was able to get the appointment moved up to May 6.  I cana't wait for next Friday and hope to get some meds to correct the situation.

We're pulling for you !  Good luck !