Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon

thecrossguy

The green decals were intended for the interior door panels.

You could either foil the gold anodized area, or at this point it may be just as easy to paint them gold.

Most times the gold foil looks too shiny for anodized trim anyway.

Steve

Ferrero Rocher candy wrap. Is semigloss, and even has the correct texture. Looks like it was made to be used on the 1:25 '57 Ford.

Not to mention that someone has to eat the candy:rolleyes:

Hard work, but I'll do it for my models.

I'd take a '57 Olds or Buick over either one of them any day of the week! ^_^

Nice Ford T!

Steve

Yep, I know your taste is more into those kinds of cars, and Mopars, that you build like nobody else. I have a great admiration for your work. 

I'm a Ford guy. more like into the low price field. Think I only built one Buick, a Deuce and a Quarter. And that, because I could take reference pictures of a 1:1 that was in superb condition. 

Fords are the cars I grew around, and are the cars  I work on almost on a daily basis. Last week I replaced the four ball joints of a 1956 Fairlane. Also did a tune up on the Holley 4000 Teapot, and replaced the eight spark plugs (NOS Champion F-14Y) and spark plug wires. On a 292 Y-Block, it's not a job for the faint of heart. The spark plug wires have four retainers/organizers, bolted to the heads and engine block.  

I have to agree with others here, that '57 Fords are becoming all the rage it seems. Yours is very nice, with a great two tone combination....well done.  Congrats on second place at the show with the Hudson.