Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy here

Edwork1.thumb.jpg.157c82f1b363d213fd1899

As you can tell by my name I am a pretty old guy. Been collecting and building NASCAR die cast cars for quite awhile. Worked at Chrysler Engineering Center for over 42 years in the Race Engine Development area (NASCAR and NHRA and VIPER Comp Coupe engines). Best job ever!!!!!!!! Spent 1967 in Vietnam as a Combat Engineer. 

Edited by Vietnam Vet67
remove picture

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the forum, us old guys have to stick together Eh!!!! I'm 66 and still learning, it sometimes takes me a while to remember things, but then we've got a load more interesting stuff to filter through before we get to that bit of knowledge that somebody requested last week!!!! Enjoy the forum old friend and make the most of it, we all do, some great guys on this site.

Rgds,

Foggy 2.   

ut oh, another Dodge guy.

JK .. welcome to the forum from another old guy, though in '67 I was babysitting nuclear missiles in Germany. Come to think of it, most of us here ARE old.

Yep...................Dodge through and through.................here is a T-shirt we had made up during the NASCAR season in 2003 or 2004????????It says it all. Remember the song "Who let the dogs out" by the Baha Men? This shirt was a takeoff on that.

Dodge T-shirt.jpg

Yep...................Dodge through and through.................here is a T-shirt we had made up during the NASCAR season in 2003 or 2004????????It says it all. Remember the song "Who let the dogs out" by the Baha Men? This shirt was a takeoff on that.

Dodge T-shirt.jpg

:lol:

Welcome aboard Ed! You and my Dad would have gotten along very well! He was a Chrysler man through and through as that's mostly all he ever bought!

1967? The only thing I can remember about that is my Dad had just started working at the steel mill and would be there for the next 31 years. As far as myself I was what......in the first/second grade? :D

The only thing I can remember about Vietnam was watching the news stories on TV as a kid, and I can distinctly remember my Uncle (Dad's brother) going over there (it was in '67), and the family being very upset when he left. He made it back, but of course he was never the same afterwards. :(

A little late welcoming you, but, welcome.   I am also a Viet-Nam era vet, although I just began my military career in 1967.  Gave the USAF 21 years, 2 months, and 18 days - but then who's counting.  Spent a year in Udorn, Thailand fixing F-4's to fly over and bomb/strafe the smithereens out of Viet-Nam.  Can't say much for your choice of automobiles, I am FORD all the way; even more so since "The Captain" got his act together and switched over to a real racecar.  Glad to have you here and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

Edited by TarheelRick

Ah a fellow member of the Vietnam era.  I was stationed with the 554th Eng Bn. in Bao-Loc.  I married a Vietnamese girl.  Been now 44 years since I was there.  I really liked it myself.  I have 2 sister-in laws here in the states now.  My wife is on the phone constantly.  Any way welcome to the board.

Ah a fellow member of the Vietnam era.  I was stationed with the 554th Eng Bn. in Bao-Loc.  I married a Vietnamese girl.  Been now 44 years since I was there.  I really liked it myself.  I have 2 sister-in laws here in the states now.  My wife is on the phone constantly.  Any way welcome to the board.

I was with the 70th Combat Engineer Battalion in AnKhe, Vietnam attached to the 1st Cavalry Division in the Central Highlands.