Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barchetta headlights

I've GOT to get a set of those! My next "Obsessive" project coming up later this year will definitely require a good set of lights! I saw this on the other board Luc, and had never knew these existed till someone there brought it up.

Thanks for making the link here and showing a pic! ;)

This is something I've needed for years ... how many of these are down in the rug? .. only the carpet monster knows.

With the parts I've lost over the years due to the "carpet monster", I could probably build an entire model! :D

Edited by MrObsessive

Thanks for making the link here and showing a pic! ;)

You're welcome Bill, besides as you know it prohibited, per Tom's rules, to post links to vendors on the SH board.

Then I did a search here and was surprised, no one posted about this new product, so I did...

Luc, actually I posted a link there, but I "hid" it by HTML word tagging. Someone commented that they didn't see a link, but I told them it was under the word "here".

I like Tom, but I don't get the adversity to posting links to other vendors. He sells on eBay and last I looked, there are LOTS of models there! :D

Luc, actually I posted a link there, but I "hid" it by HTML word tagging. Someone commented that they didn't see a link, but I told them it was under the word "here".

I like Tom, but I don't get the adversity to posting links to other vendors. He sells on eBay and last I looked, there are LOTS of models there! :D

Yeah I saw that Bill, but it was all in Japanese, so I searched if Hobby Search carried that product too...

About the rule thingy, easier to enforce when you ban all links to vendors, be them foreign or domestic, model kits or aftermarket products...

Here's an idea: How about a small dimpling tool/die set in different sizes and shapes that could be used to make headlight buckets from thin aluminum sheet? Maybe one of you lucky fellows who owns a lathe could make and sell them.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Funny, several years ago I bough (from HLJ) the set identical to the bp-770 packaged IIRC in "Modeler's" brand package.  I have to dig out that set to verify.

One thing I don't care for is that the engraving is done on the inside of the lens. While that is how real lenses are, on models this makes it makes more difficult to glue them in while trying to preserve the delicate engraving.

Funny, several years ago I bough (from HLJ) the set identical to the bp-770 packaged IIRC in "Modeler's" brand package.  I have to dig out that set to verify.

One thing I don't care for is that the engraving is done on the inside of the lens. While that is how real lenses are, on models this makes it makes more difficult to glue them in while trying to preserve the delicate engraving.

I was going to mention the same thing that this looks like a re-issue of the Modelers set.

Use white PVA glue, no problem. It's a non-solvent based adhesive so it won't attack detail. Plenty strong enough to hold lenses, dries to be absolutely invisible if you use it right...and it's easy.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Use white PVA glue, no problem. It's a non-solvent based adhesive so it won't attack detail. Plenty strong enough to hold lenses, dries to be absolutely invisible if you use it right...and it's easy.

It is not about attacking the details - if any glue oozes out from the perimeter of the lens to under the lens, it will fill in some of the delicate engraving.

Tom does seem to have some "issues". Mountains out of mole hills, as they often say.

• 2 weeks later...