Model Cars Magazine Forum

I recently found an old Lindberg Harley Shovelhead kit in 1/24 scale on ebay and had to get it. I saw the other kits in the line but none of them really interest me, are there other Harley or Indian kits out there? Also, are the Maisto diecasts in 1/24 scale good enough to take apart and really detail or customize them?

Edited by Fat Brian

I recently found an old Lindberg Harley Shovelhead kit in 1/24 scale on ebay and had to get it. I saw the other kits in the line but none of them really interest me, are there other Harley or Indian kits out there? Also, are the Maisto diecasts in 1/24 scale good enough to take apart and really detail or customize them?

a2854d903cb57bcd79f4460fea67dfc9.jpg

Brian...there are a number of 1/25th and 1/24th scale bike kits out there....but almost all are out of production and somewhat pricey.  

The Maisto diecasts are pretty decent....and there were some from Franklin Mint and others as well...even some of the Hallmark 1/24th scale Harley christrmas tree ornaments could be made to look pretty sharp.  

Here's a link to some of my own motorcycle kit builds and kitbashes in 1/24th and 1/25th scale....TIM    

The one below is a built Revell 1/25th scale Parts Pack Harley Custom Chopper....I saw one go on eBay.com a few weeks back for nearly $150....for a kit that cost .79 cents back in 1963 when new!!!  

DSC 0088 Revell Parts Pack Harley Chopper

This one is a Revell 1/25th 2001 Dyna Super Glide Custom....built box stock (with paint detail) from their F150 Harley 100th Anniversary kit c. 2001.  

DSC 0711 R-M Harley Dyna Glide Concord Purple Factory Stock

Edited by tim boyd

Brian...there are a number of 1/25th and 1/24th scale bike kits out there....but almost all are out of production and somewhat pricey.  

The Maisto diecasts are pretty decent....and there were some from Franklin Mint and others as well...even some of the Hallmark 1/24th scale Harley christrmas tree ornaments could be made to look pretty sharp.  

Here's a link to some of my own motorcycle kit builds and kitbashes in 1/24th and 1/25th scale....TIM    

The one below is a built Revell 1/25th scale Parts Pack Harley Custom Chopper....I saw one go on eBay.com a few weeks back for nearly $150....for a kit that cost .79 cents back in 1963 when new!!!  

DSC 0088 Revell Parts Pack Harley Chopper

This one is a Revell 1/25th 2001 Dyna Super Glide Custom....built box stock (with paint detail) from their F150 Harley 100th Anniversary kit c. 2001.  

DSC 0711 R-M Harley Dyna Glide Concord Purple Factory Stock

Thanks Tim. I looked for the Revell F150/Harley kit and it's outrageous now, maybe one will pop up a bit cheaper if I keep looking. I guess I need to get the Maisto pieces in my hands to see how they look, I can't tell from the ebay pictures.

Well, I finally got the kit in my hands and it's probably 1/16 or 1/18 scale instead of the advertised 1/24. I was really hoping to keep the motorcycles a consistent scale with the rest of my models.

I wish I had seen this before - I saw that and immediately knew it was 1/16. I have the same one. Is yours molded in green?

I wish I had seen this before - I saw that and immediately knew it was 1/16. I have the same one. Is yours molded in green?

Mine is black. It actually looks like a pretty nice kit and now there are a ton of customizing options from all the 1/18 diecasts but I really wish it had been 1/24.