Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chrysler 300.

StevenGuthmiller

Well, here it is.

I was hoping to finish this one by the first of May.

I guess I made it! :)

This is probably one of my top 5 all time favorite cars & definitely my favorite Chrysler 300.

A very nice kit as well, as most of these old Johan kits were.

It's just a shame that these old tools will never be coming back.

Nothing much to say as far as the build goes.

Pretty much box stock, the way I like 'em, with a few added details.

Cast window cranks & flocked carpeting on the inside, & a little plumbing & wiring under the hood.

The color is correct 1966 Chrysler "Spanish Red".

Steve

2v29oYYGQxwUbWP.jpg2v29oYYjUxwUbWP.jpg2v29oYYeExwUbWP.jpg2v29oYtnvxwUbWP.jpg2v29oYYiaxwUbWP.jpg2v29oY79UxwUbWP.jpg2v29oYtBzxwUbWP.jpg2v29oY7bUxwUbWP.jpg2v29oY7K9xwUbWP.jpg

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

You need to reduce the size of your photos. They are waaaaaaaay too big, exceeding the size limits of the forum, and look "squished" because of that.

Your photos are 300 dpi. Standard screen resolution is 72 dpi. I resized this photo to 9x6 at 72 dpi...

You need to reduce the size of your photos. They are waaaaaaaay too big, exceeding the size limits of the forum, and look "squished" because of that.

Your photos are 300dpi. Standard screen resolution is 72 dpi.

I've heard you mention this before Harry, but I've never seen what you're talking about on my monitor.

Seems to me that the problem is on the "viewers" end depending on the device they're viewing it on.

I've seen these "squished" photos on an I-pad, phone, etc.

But on a computer screen, they look just fine.

The photo you re-posted looks absolutely fine on my end, just smaller, but they both look the same.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Fantastic model, the color is beautiful, as is the whole model. I love these old C-bodies, l guess they rubbed off on me, from my Dad's passion for them. We had two '67's Newports, and one '68 300, when l was l little tyke.  Sorry for the bunny trail.  I love this model, excellent work and the subject is the very best.

21 inch monitor.

Can't imagine what the problem would be, but I have far too many photos to start resizing them now every time I want to post something.^_^

All of my photos are posted from external photo hosting sites.

If I start messing with them & change them in any way, all of my existing links begin to disappear.

I'm using a 23 inch HP monitor.

Everything looks just "hunky dory" on my end.

Steve

Don't know what to tell you. I see what I see. And so do others.

To start with, no need to post images at 300dpi when standard monitor resolution is 72dpi.

And BTW... regardless of the image size thing, that's a beautiful model, squished or not. Superb!

Don't know what to tell you. I see what I see. And so do others.

To start with, no need to post images at 300dpi when standard monitor resolution is 72dpi.

And BTW... regardless of the image size thing, that's a beautiful model, squished or not. Superb!

Thanks Harry.

Most responses I've had so far either say they look fine or they don't mention it.

So far only you & Jon Cole have mentioned it.

The camera I'm using is set on "normal" mode & seems to take the best photos at this setting.

Anything smaller starts to lose resolution.

I post these exact photos to several other forums & sites including some Yahoo forums & Flickr as well as other "magazine" forums.

I've never heard any mention of it any where else.

Never even knew there was any problem at all until I started posting here.

I appreciate your bringing it to my attention Harry, & maybe I can make some "future" adjustment, but the photos that I have up till now will be staying as is. ;)

Steve

Ok.

Photo size issue aside, thank you everyone!

The pics look fine to me. The model is incredible!

What is the brand of paint?

Thanks Harry!

I use MCW paints almost exclusively now with a smattering of Duplicolor.

This is a Model Car World Color.

I really love their paints!

Fantastic model, the color is beautiful, as is the whole model. I love these old C-bodies, l guess they rubbed off on me, from my Dad's passion for them. We had two '67's Newports, and one '68 300, when l was l little tyke.  Sorry for the bunny trail.  I love this model, excellent work and the subject is the very best.

Thanks Marcelo!

I have a giant soft spot for these C-bodies too.

I owned a '67 Chrysler 300 in high school.

I have the kit.

I just need to get it built! :)

Steve

Thanks Harry.

Most responses I've had so far either say they look fine or they don't mention it.

So far only you & Jon Cole have mentioned it.

The camera I'm using is set on "normal" mode & seems to take the best photos at this setting.

Anything smaller starts to lose resolution.

I post these exact photos to several other forums & sites including some Yahoo forums & Flickr as well as other "magazine" forums.

I've never heard any mention of it any where else.

Never even knew there was any problem at all until I started posting here.

I appreciate your bringing it to my attention Harry, & maybe I can make some "future" adjustment, but the photos that I have up till now will be staying as is. ;)

Steve

Your photos look perfect on both my 15.6 HP laptop and on my 23" Dell monitor. At my age, I need the photos as big as possible. Keep up the good work, your models are all spot on and bring back great memories. Thanks for your excellent work.