Model Cars Magazine Forum

dp214-and-e-type.jpg

The epitome of classic racing: lightweight E-type in hot pursuit of Aston Martin DP214 "project car"

T70.jpg

Lola T70 starts heading downhill

mg-vs-cobra.jpg

I think we know the outcome of this challenge, but you can't fault the style

You don't see many of these around -- lightweight Morgan Plus 4 SLR

March-712.jpg

March 712

March-on-the-S.jpg

racing-line-1.jpg

The racing line...

fords-f-it-up.jpg

I think we know where those Capris are going!

hot-pursuit-3.jpg

Whereas these guys are playing "follow the leader"...

marlboro-sd1.jpg

BTCC nostalgia turned up to 11...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

Some great pictures thanks for posting them.  Curious about this Cobra, never seen an original car with this style fender vents.   The front fender flairs, air dam, bump in the hardtop, mirrors mounted of the windscreen frame, rear fender air extractors a lot of unusual details.

mg-vs-cobra.jpg

Local modification I'd imagine JC.

There was a category in the UK back in the 70's, all sorts of thing were allowed, Jag XK 150 with wide slicks and a spoiler, Beetle with F1 suspension etc. It was called Modsports, so it could be a left over from then, unrestored and slightly modded.

Just a guess.

Edited by dublin boy

There's a story behind that Cobra, it seems. The chassis number is HEM-6, and although it's classed as a true Cobra, it was built on a Thames Ditton chassis by an engineering company associated with it's first racing team. At the time, though, it looked more or less normal, although it had the rear arch vents. It's been modified over the years, and now belongs to the Bryant family, raced by Oliver Bryant.

http://oliverbryant.com

bestest,

M.

Some great pictures thanks for posting them.  Curious about this Cobra, never seen an original car with this style fender vents.   The front fender flairs, air dam, bump in the hardtop, mirrors mounted of the windscreen frame, rear fender air extractors a lot of unusual details.

mg-vs-cobra.jpg

JC    i bet you already  have this one in the works.   maybe another  HRM   build ?

JC    i bet you already  have this one in the works.   maybe another  HRM   build ?

I do not Bill, at least not yet.:)  I assume the SAAC registry includes HEM6 but I haven't tried to look it up yet.

• 11 months later...

Thanks for sharing these.

I am going to have to see if I can find some vintage races close to home. I always enjoy seeing the older cars out on the track. Those open wheel cars look so short. First glance, I thought it was a carting class.